Maguire
I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but he's a carthorse who should be nowhere near the England team.

Sorry but that's how I see it.

Another mr average promoted beyond his ability
(10-14-2020, 07:21 PM)Albionmad Wrote: I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but he's a carthorse who should be nowhere near the England team.

The next Phil Jones. A yard dog.
(10-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 07:21 PM)Albionmad Wrote: I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but he's a carthorse who should be nowhere near the England team.

The next Phil Jones. A yard dog.
And Pickford had yet another of his 'if Sam had done that' moments.
Pickford makes far too many unforced errors and is therefore a liability.    He had no need to get involved in the penalty incident.   Henderson's probably a better longer-term option but if he can't dislodge De gea he'll have to move on to progress.   

Maguire lacks pace but is still arguably England's best defender, he's clearly got a lot on his plate at the moment.
(10-14-2020, 09:19 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Pickford makes far too many unforced errors and is therefore a liability.    He had no need to get involved in the penalty incident.   Henderson's probably a better longer-term option but if he can't dislodge De gea he'll have to move on to progress.   

Maguire lacks pace but is still arguably England's best defender, he's clearly got a lot on his plate at the moment.

Awwwww bless 'Im...
England are very poor. With a poor manager
Grealish deserves a start.
Southgate seems to have gotten it into his head that he wants to play as defensively as possible, we’ve been seeing a lot of three at the back and two defensive midfielders in recent games. I imagine that’s how he sees us beating the likes of Belgium and France next summer, and he’s practicing now.

Problem is twofold - Firstly we don’t have defenders good enough to implement this. Secondly, and more importantly, it negates the embarrassment of attacking riches we have. Most nations would love to have Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Foden, Sealish and the rest to call on.

If we are going to beat the best then it’ll be through moulding a cohesive attacking unit out of the players listed above, not through packing the side with defenders.
(10-14-2020, 10:35 PM)Duffers Wrote: Southgate seems to have gotten it into his head that he wants to play as defensively as possible, we’ve been seeing a lot of three at the back and two defensive midfielders in recent games. I imagine that’s how he sees us beating the likes of Belgium and France next summer, and he’s practicing now.

Problem is twofold - Firstly we don’t have defenders good enough to implement this. Secondly, and more importantly, it negates the embarrassment of attacking riches we have. Most nations would love to have Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Foden, Sealish and the rest to call on.

If we are going to beat the best then it’ll be through moulding a cohesive attacking unit out of the players listed above, not through packing the side with defenders.

Massive plus 1.
(10-14-2020, 10:38 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:35 PM)Duffers Wrote: Southgate seems to have gotten it into his head that he wants to play as defensively as possible, we’ve been seeing a lot of three at the back and two defensive midfielders in recent games. I imagine that’s how he sees us beating the likes of Belgium and France next summer, and he’s practicing now.

Massive plus 1.

Indeed.