brains on toast
(10-14-2020, 01:12 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: My mom used to cook stuffed pigs hearts for us.  They were tasty

Also pigs trotted which I wasn’t keen on.

Does make me loff when people say they won’t use the giblets from the turkey at Christmas but will happily eat a beef burger, beef pie, sausage etc

This reminds of when Jamie Oliver tried to turn kids off from eating chicken nuggets because it wasn't white meat and then cried when he failed.

I've had sesos before in Spain which is deep fried brain and that was alright, not had it on toast mind.
Me dad loved offal.  Poached brains mashed up and doused in vinegar.  Chiitterlings.  Me mom used to make her own faggots  an' all.   Chep fittle, wor it?  MCW fittle now.
WWHO Wrote:My grabddad used to eat mashed lamb brains and a soft boiled egg.

That's the recipe I remember. Better on a sandwich than on toast though. Never mind yer Grandads, it's something we had all the time until me auld mom died. My Dad reckoned he couldn't buy them anymore as the butcher wasn't allowed to open the skulls, blamed the EU (for everything).
(10-14-2020, 11:45 AM)WWHO Wrote: My grabddad used to eat mashed lamb brains and a soft boiled egg.

That's the way to have it. 
Lovely.
(10-14-2020, 02:42 PM)hudds Wrote: Me dad loved offal.  Poached brains mashed up and doused in vinegar.  Chiitterlings.  Me mom used to make her own faggots  an' all.   Chep fittle, wor it?  MCW fittle now.

My old nan used to love brains on toast. Never tried them but I'm pretty sure I'd love them loving all things offal. My grandad was from farming stock and she (my nan) used to cook him udder!

Haha! You've reminded me how much I much I miss my nan and grandad! Thanks.
I tried sheep brains in Jamaica last year, mushy and I didn't find them very nice. I do like a lot of other offal stuff though, like haggis. Chicken hearts barbequed are very tasty!
Chitterlings and red cabbages lush!