The Lye At Night
I know it was never Kensington High Street, but it was alright in ye olden days. 

What a fucking dive it is now.
(09-17-2020, 10:13 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I know it was never Kensington High Street, but it was alright in ye olden days. 

What a fucking dive it is now.

I guess that’s because it’s now daylight. Big Grin
Even in dayLyet, it's grim.
Last couple years or so the decline.soho road another ive never seen so bad.
Noticed some of the curry houses that have been there since the dawn of time have started shutting.

Kamrans has gone I noticed the other week.
being blamed on the Roooomanians and curry houses are complaining of a drop in footfall as people find it too dangerous to wander down.

been some quite disturbing incidents in the last year or so.

Balti Bazaar still good though followed by a few at the shovel
(09-17-2020, 12:40 PM)Jamin03 why change it? Wrote: being blamed on the Roooomanians and curry houses are complaining of a drop in footfall as people find it too dangerous to wander down.

been some quite disturbing incidents in the last year or so.

Balti Bazaar still good though followed by a few at the shovel

That's the problem. It's quite literally Lyttle Bucharest. 

Drugs a big issue aswell. 

The dealers in their Mercs, BM's and MG Montegos treat Lye High Street like friggin Brands Hatch.
Ladypool road has seen balti houses close and pizza, fast food places open up. I guess also. The younger Asian generation don’t want Asian food when on a night out and want a change.
Having lived near Lye all my life it has certainly gone down hill in the last few years. Used to feel safe walking home from a balti or the pub/brewhouse but now I wouldn’t walk the high street at night. Unfortunately local council don’t seem too bothered about it
(09-17-2020, 01:29 PM)dpb2002 Wrote: Having lived near Lye all my life it has certainly gone down hill in the last few years. Used to feel safe walking home from a balti or the pub/brewhouse but now I wouldn’t walk the high street at night. Unfortunately local council don’t seem too bothered about it

Indeed. I used the Post Office cash machine a couple of months ago and didn't feel 100% comfortable with all the scrotes and riff raff hanging around.

https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/1...tment-lye/

Hmmmmm...