Team v Leicester
I was referencing Harper. He started alongside Livermore and Sawyers.
Johnstone

O'Shea Ajayi Bartley Gibbs
Phillips Sawyers Livermore
Perreria Robinson Diangana

Subs:
A GK, Furlong, Hegazi, Harper, Krov, Grosiki, HRK
Johnstone

O'Shea
Ajayi
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Sawyers

Robinson
Pereira
Diangana

Austin
Johnstone

O'shea-hegazi-bartley-Gibbs

Sawyers-ajayi-Livermore

Pereira-Robinson-diangana

Definitely not going to be this!
Bit torn between those two selections.

4-3-3 or more like 4-2-1-2-1 is probably how we'll be best balanced.

But starting Austin to show how we desperately need more up top could be a good idea! I think Austin's role is off the bench for 15 minutes when we're dominating the ball...would prefer Deeney off the bench for the second half though.
(09-10-2020, 08:05 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Right here goes with the opener, Leicester obviously have more quality but look a bit vulnerable. No Chilwell, Maddison, Evans or Ricardo gives us a chance we need to take.

Johnstone 

O’Shea
Ajayi
Hegazi (Just)
Gibbs

Field
Livermore 
Sawyers

Pereira
Diangana
Robinson 

Button. Furlong. Townsend. Bartley, Harper. Phillips, Edwards. Grosicki. Austin

Midfield options clearly weak. I would push Sawyers further forward & give Field a big chance against a side that will dominate the ball.

think Phillips will start

Possibly a good time to play Leicester as they have a number of key players out but of course still Barnes and Vardy to repel.  

I suspect we'll play quite deep/compact minimize space for Vardy to get in behind.
Think Field may have played himself into Bilic's plans over pre season.
(09-10-2020, 10:10 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Think Field may have played himself into Bilic's plans over pre season.

Really?

Is this based on hearsay or what you’ve seen yourself?
(09-10-2020, 10:10 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Think Field may have played himself into Bilic's plans over pre season.

I’d really like to believe that - and potentially the fact there’s been little more reported about him leaving despite there being significant interest a few weeks ago adds support to your claim.

I’d much rather we sent Harper out for a season and gave Field a chance this year as I think he’s better suited to where we are but Slav prefers Harper, and I imagine his wages are tougher to recoup than Sam’s.
(09-10-2020, 11:11 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I’d really like to believe that - and potentially the fact there’s been little more reported about him leaving despite there being significant interest a few weeks ago adds support to your claim.

I’d much rather we sent Harper out for a season and gave Field a chance this year as I think he’s better suited to where we are but Slav prefers Harper, and I imagine his wages are tougher to recoup than Sam’s.

Harper needs to go to some snotty hole like Millwall for a season.   Big Grin