What’s left then - business.
(09-09-2020, 07:34 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:25 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:08 PM)dpb2002 Wrote: Spot on SW in terms of what we have spent this window, plus wages will have gone up with promotion bonuses but with Brunt and Barry gone, 2 of our highest earners, there should still be wage structure for at least 3/4 more whether that be loans or perm deals.

We haven’t utilised the overseas market as much as I would have expected

I suspect that’s to do with the global pandemic.

A lot of foreign players won’t immediately jump at the prospect of playing for West Brom. They’ll wait and see if anyone bigger comes along.

Foreign players will jump at the chance to play in the Premier League. It’s the pinnacle for footballers.

Yeah but if they’ve got an offer from us on the table and there are rumours that other clubs are interested they’ll be hanging on to see if a better offer comes in. Agents advise players not to sign immediately if they think there may be another interested party.

It’s the same every year.
In comparison to most leagues, even West Brom in the premier league would be a progressive step. With Slavs contacts and knowledge of foreign leagues I would have expected more foreign signings...of course as with domestic loans it may be a sit and see but with us needing more improvement than most then hopefully that comes sooner rather than later!
We really could do with one or two battlers in midfield as we are woefully short of depth there. Harper not up to it and Slav doesn't fancy Field. Gallagher and one other along with Krov (I see Krov as a more attacking player than CM) plus Grant and Gray/Deeney on loan with Zohore to leave we may give ourselves a fighting chance.
(09-09-2020, 07:46 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: We really could do with one or two battlers in midfield as we are woefully short of depth there. Harper not up to it and Slav doesn't fancy Field. Gallagher and one other along with Krov (I see Krov as a more attacking player than CM) plus Grant and Gray/Deeney on loan with Zohore to leave we may give ourselves a fighting chance.

Gallagher, Krov, Grant and Deeney. And I'll be content.

I still think we need a keeper but I'm willing to turn a blind eye.
(09-09-2020, 07:34 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:25 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:08 PM)dpb2002 Wrote: Spot on SW in terms of what we have spent this window, plus wages will have gone up with promotion bonuses but with Brunt and Barry gone, 2 of our highest earners, there should still be wage structure for at least 3/4 more whether that be loans or perm deals.

We haven’t utilised the overseas market as much as I would have expected

I suspect that’s to do with the global pandemic.

A lot of foreign players won’t immediately jump at the prospect of playing for West Brom. They’ll wait and see if anyone bigger comes along.

Foreign players will jump at the chance to play in the Premier League. It’s the pinnacle for footballers.

Not a lot of overseas transfers happening at the moment.
Difficult to fly players over, difficult to hold medicals, and difficult for agents to tout players to several clubs.
Imagine any overseas transfers will start to move later in the window, but as it stands a player has to be pretty confident of signing before he gets on the plane... many clubs wont allow players to leave for a look around knowing if it doesn't work out they have to isolate for 10-14 days.

(09-09-2020, 07:52 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:46 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: We really could do with one or two battlers in midfield as we are woefully short of depth there. Harper not up to it and Slav doesn't fancy Field. Gallagher and one other along with Krov (I see Krov as a more attacking player than CM) plus Grant and Gray/Deeney on loan with Zohore to leave we may give ourselves a fighting chance.

Gallagher, Krov, Grant and Deeney. And I'll be content.

I still think we need a keeper but I'm willing to turn a blind eye.

You and Sam have more in common than you think!
We're going to be in trouble at the back unless we get a vocal keeper or CB.

We need competition for Sawyers and Livermore. They both know their positions are not under threat.

Strikers, I think the club feel Robinson can cover there so with no sign of HRK and Austin going anywhere, we'll only get one more, not two.

So, plenty still to do. I think we'll go down as there's too much to do but the base of the squad is so much better now than it was twelve months ago.
(09-09-2020, 06:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 04:37 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Massi update.

Baggies very much in for Gallagher. Talks have gone well with him, his reps and Chelsea. May have to choose between us and Leeds.

Krovi talks have snagged but very much expected he’ll sign.

Zohore deffo off. Few clubs interested.

"Few" clubs or "a few" clubs Big Grin

I thought the same.