Happy Clapping squad
I have zero concerns about Townsend in the Prem. Furlong I think would be a worry if we have to rely on him.
I've said it before Townsend was better than Gibbs last season in the games he started. In almost every 'ratings' thread he got praised and then shortly afterwards certain folk seem to default back to the 'League One Player' thought process they had when he first joined. No qualms about him this year, he's a good player that has improved significantly in the time we've had him. Just wish some people would allow their opinions to evolve.
(09-03-2020, 07:59 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I've said it before Townsend was better than Gibbs last season in the games he started. In almost every 'ratings' thread he got praised and then shortly afterwards certain folk seem to default back to the 'League One Player' thought process they had when he first joined. No qualms about him this year, he's a good player that has improved significantly in the time we've had him. Just wish some people would allow their opinions to evolve.

Perfect summary. One of those players where some are just waiting for a bad performance so they can justify their previously held opinions. Fortunately for us that bad performance didn't arrive.
(09-03-2020, 08:01 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:59 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I've said it before Townsend was better than Gibbs last season in the games he started. In almost every 'ratings' thread he got praised and then shortly afterwards certain folk seem to default back to the 'League One Player' thought process they had when he first joined. No qualms about him this year, he's a good player that has improved significantly in the time we've had him. Just wish some people would allow their opinions to evolve.

Perfect summary. One of those players where some are just waiting for a bad performance so they can justify their previously held opinions. Fortunately for us that bad performance didn't arrive.

Yup, people have been down on Townsend from the minute he arrived.
Townsend is exactly what you want. Never moans or sulks when he often has spells out the squad...but when called upon, more than delivers for us. A great squad player to have.
(09-03-2020, 08:23 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Townsend is exactly what you want. Never moans or sulks when he often has spells out the squad...but when called upon, more than delivers for us. A great squad player to have.

Couldn't agree more, but I am worried the Prem is a step too far for him. I'm hoping we're on the look-out for a LB tbh. We were in the market for Anthonee Robinson weren't we?
(09-03-2020, 09:51 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 08:23 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Townsend is exactly what you want. Never moans or sulks when he often has spells out the squad...but when called upon, more than delivers for us. A great squad player to have.

Couldn't agree more, but I am worried the Prem is a step too far for him. I'm hoping we're on the look-out for a LB tbh. We were in the market for Anthonee Robinson weren't we?

There's still mummerings about us being linked to Rico Henry.

Pleased to see Townsend getting praised on here. I've always thought he's performed well, far better than he gets credit for.

This. I thought he looked a bit nervy when he was first getting regular starts as opposed to sub appearances but as he went on he was one of our best and consistent performers. That said it was (another) stop start season for Gibbs and I would put him alongside our star performers when fit. He built a great relationship with Diang and I would like to see him stay. When fit he is as good as we are likely to get in.