Cape Hill Asda
Would recommend that you don't don't shop there for a while.
Are you saying we should shop there with that double negative? Big Grin

Why shouldn’t people shop there?
Why not just link the bloody thing
?
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/heal...-positive/
(09-01-2020, 10:25 AM)Noibla Wrote: Why not just link the bloody thing
?
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/heal...-positive/

I did, I linked the BBC article in the text like this but it didn't work properly.
You could catch all sorts from the market up there.
(09-01-2020, 10:51 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: You could catch all sorts from the market up there.

Cape Hill market is long gone. Just lying empty now.

I was in that Asda only yesterday, so this isn't great news.
Saturday morning treat - two hours of kid's films in the Gaumont featuring Batman and films portraying the systematic genocide of the native American population by General Custer, (occasionally interrupted by a stink bomb), followed by trawl of the market to buy sweets made of 100% sugar, some plastic toy that would break before you got home, and quick look at Joe Bird's book stall to see if there were any good comics available.

My mate worked on Denis Parke's fish counter at the front left hand side and another mate on the veg store just on the left as you went into the right hand entrance. It's hard to believe now but Cape Hill was once a great shopping street.
(09-01-2020, 09:59 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Would recommend that you don't don't shop there for a while.

Reading that subject I thought we'd been linked with a Trinidad and Tobago hot shot for a minute there.......
(09-01-2020, 11:25 AM)Squid Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 10:51 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: You could catch all sorts from the market up there.

Cape Hill market is long gone. Just lying empty now.

I was in that Asda only yesterday, so this isn't great news.

You will be telling the brewery has gone, next  Big Grin Big Grin

I used to work on Cape Hill in the 1980's. It was a fantastic aroma on the right day.