Nuno
(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hmm.

West Midlands club gets obscene amounts of investment from abroad. Goes on massive spending sprees, starts selling said talent on, replaced with 'potential on the cheap. Club must become self sufficient. Popular maanger who took them into Europe leaves due to lack of money.

It ended so well for Villa, let's hope for a repeat with Wolves.

This is why I never want our club to be run like that.

We are run like that - but without the spending spree.

Sorry I meant the boom and bust method. I'm all for self sustainability, once the football bubble bursts, we have more chance of surviving the crash.
I agree on that point, Birdy.its been a long way back for Leeds, and it now looks like they haven't learned the lessons.
(08-31-2020, 09:05 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hmm.

West Midlands club gets obscene amounts of investment from abroad. Goes on massive spending sprees, starts selling said talent on, replaced with 'potential on the cheap. Club must become self sufficient. Popular maanger who took them into Europe leaves due to lack of money.

It ended so well for Villa, let's hope for a repeat with Wolves.

This is why I never want our club to be run like that.

We are run like that - but without the spending spree.

Sorry I meant the boom and bust method. I'm all for self sustainability, once the football bubble bursts, we have more chance of surviving the crash.
I agree on that point, Birdy.its been a long way back for Leeds, and it now looks like they haven't learned the lessons.

Whilst Rodrigo was expensive, their business has generally been good. They’re investing heavily in their academy and adding Drameh and Gelhardt will pay dividends in the next couple years, and in Koch theyve signed a defender who could be worth double what they’ve paid in 12 months. They’re also close to a Croatian defender who has been linked with the biggest clubs around. 

Still, one scouting report tenuously reckoned Kipre is a bit similar Thiago Silva!
Leeds relying on getting fans back to Elland Road soon I reckon. That is an advantage they have, a large stadium they can, and will fill.
They've definitely improved, however some of their fans are talking about top 6 off the back of signing Rodrigo and potentially De Paul from Udinese.

I said it before, and will repeat, the smart money is on Leeds to get relegated. The odds are so much longer than they should be
(08-31-2020, 09:28 AM)Sliced Wrote: They've definitely improved, however some of their fans are talking about top 6 off the back of signing Rodrigo and potentially De Paul from Udinese.

I said it before, and will repeat, the smart money is on Leeds to get relegated. The odds are so much longer than they should be

They are definitely taking massive gambles.
(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Leeds relying on getting fans back to Elland Road soon I reckon. That is an advantage they have, a large stadium they can, and will fill.

A 40k capacity ground isn’t the difference between paying £900k for Kipre and £15m for Koch. Ultimately it’s having an ownership willing to invest, and who are willing to speculate to accumulate.
(08-31-2020, 10:05 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Leeds relying on getting fans back to Elland Road soon I reckon. That is an advantage they have, a large stadium they can, and will fill.

A 40k capacity ground isn’t the difference between paying £900k for Kipre and £15m for Koch. Ultimately it’s having an ownership willing to invest, and who are willing to speculate to accumulate.

Agree.

There's also a middle ground between the two. We don't need to spend 30m on players like Leeds, but we should be trying to show some ambition. The attitude definitely seems to be "let's try and do enough to get by". 

It's been said repeatedly that Krovinovic is our main target, and he's a good player.....but he started half of our games last season. That's our main target.

We're talking about bringing in Krov, Diangana and Robinson as an ideal situation but this just makes us as strong as last season. Having last seasons squad + Deeney still doesn't make us strong enough.
Leeds are a total unknown. If the signings click they could be this year’s Wolves of a couple of seasons ago. If they don’t they could perish. Worth a punt on both.
(08-31-2020, 10:22 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 10:05 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Agree.

There's also a middle ground between the two. We don't need to spend 30m on players like Leeds, but we should be trying to show some ambition. The attitude definitely seems to be "let's try and do enough to get by". 

It's been said repeatedly that Krovinovic is our main target, and he's a good player.....but he started half of our games last season. That's our main target.

We're talking about bringing in Krov, Diangana and Robinson as an ideal situation but this just makes us as strong as last season. Having last seasons squad + Deeney still doesn't make us strong enough.

Spot on
They've become way too arrogant lately, thinking they're destined for Champions League football. Oh how I'd love it if they crash and burn.