Nuno
(08-30-2020, 11:14 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:01 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: With the exception of Chelsea and that Leeds deal nobody is spending at the moment.

This statement is really starting grind my gears, because it's bollocks.

Clubs who have actually spent money; Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Liverpool, Man City, Southampton, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham

Technically we’ve spent £8.25m too.

Not technically, we have...spread over a period of time you would have thought.
(08-30-2020, 05:26 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:14 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:01 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: With the exception of Chelsea and that Leeds deal nobody is spending at the moment.

This statement is really starting grind my gears, because it's bollocks.

Clubs who have actually spent money; Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Liverpool, Man City, Southampton, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham

Technically we’ve spent £8.25m too.

Not technically, we have...spread over a period of time you would have thought.

The £8.25m needs to be paid by December Hop
(08-30-2020, 11:45 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:34 AM)sickParrot Wrote: “ We’ve had great success and I want to push on. But the club - much like the area in general - lacks ambition”

Is this a sly dig at bully’s restaurant?

What’s on the menu?

Whatever his Terry Butcher supplies.
Arf

Someone obviously burnt the Fosun cookies. The Doherty transfer looks a really stupid piece of business with no replacement, his goals earned them several places up the table last term.

Come and get me plea from Nuno, now he knows they’ve likely plateaued, before the ‘dream’ becomes a nightmare?
Just needs Jimenez to go to Manure now and the whole thing will collapse like a pack of cards.
(08-30-2020, 10:07 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:45 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:34 AM)sickParrot Wrote: “ We’ve had great success and I want to push on. But the club - much like the area in general - lacks ambition”

Is this a sly dig at bully’s restaurant?

What’s on the menu?

Whatever his Terry Butcher supplies.
Arf

Someone obviously burnt the Fosun cookies. The Doherty transfer looks a really stupid piece of business with no replacement, his goals earned them several places up the table last term.

Come and get me plea from Nuno, now he knows they’ve likely plateaued, before the ‘dream’ becomes a nightmare?

Absolutely bang on to what I spoke to s mate of mine today!

Oh well!

Fuck 'em!  Big Grin
The snot is building up and release will be soon...

If that lot were prepared to gob on Jack Hayward the Fosun stooges have no chance.
It does look like the bubble is about to burst.

They have been far more tolerable though than the deludedfisheatingsealcunts.
Hmm.

West Midlands club gets obscene amounts of investment from abroad. Goes on massive spending sprees, starts selling said talent on, replaced with 'potential on the cheap. Club must become self sufficient. Popular maanger who took them into Europe leaves due to lack of money.

It ended so well for Villa, let's hope for a repeat with Wolves.

This is why I never want our club to be run like that.
(08-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hmm.

West Midlands club gets obscene amounts of investment from abroad. Goes on massive spending sprees, starts selling said talent on, replaced with 'potential on the cheap. Club must become self sufficient. Popular maanger who took them into Europe leaves due to lack of money.

We are run like that - but without the spending spree.
(08-31-2020, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hmm.

We are run like that - but without the spending spree.

Sorry I meant the boom and bust method. I'm all for self sustainability, once the football bubble bursts, we have more chance of surviving the crash.