Interesting
Slav gets us promoted on first attempt playing some great football at times and has one year left on his contract and no news of extending his contract.  I’d give him a rolling 2 year contract.
12 months is a long time in football, and we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

He will have been adequately compensated for winning promotion, and I’m sure his current salary now reflects his status as a PL manager.

There’s no rush to extend his deal IMO.
(08-19-2020, 02:35 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: 12 months is a long time in football, and we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

He will have been adequately compensated for winning promotion, and I’m sure his current salary now reflects his status as a PL manager.

There’s no rush to extend his deal IMO.

Spot on.

Given the huge compensation sums for sacking managers and the paltry sums when they get poached it’s surprising more clubs don’t take more short term views with contracts.

As you say, Slav’s doing great right now and I’m sure that when the time comes to talk we will.
(08-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Slav gets us promoted on first attempt playing some great football at times and has one year left on his contract and no news of extending his contract.  I’d give him a rolling 2 year contract.

I'd give him 4 years, like Gammon received.
(08-19-2020, 03:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Slav gets us promoted on first attempt playing some great football at times and has one year left on his contract and no news of extending his contract.  I’d give him a rolling 2 year contract.

Give him ten Like Pardew at Newcastle.  Has it finished yet. Big Grin
(08-19-2020, 03:55 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 03:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Give him ten Like Pardew at Newcastle.  Has it finished yet. Big Grin

Expired in June.

During which time he’d been sacked 4 times.
He will be fired in January anyway, when we’re in the bottom 3. Hope I’m wrong but this is how football works.