Burke
(08-19-2020, 08:46 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Pulis, Pardew, Shan, Moore, Bilic.

Ay got a clue, have they. He runs really quick he does.

And Lennon up at Celtic didn't rate him either. Not even one of the Scottish clubs came after him.

In addition to that, James Morrison described him as "shit".

Can't say I trust the judgement of 80% of those coaches over my own eyes TBF
(08-19-2020, 08:52 AM)Squid Wrote:

And Lennon up at Celtic didn't rate him either. Not even one of the Scottish clubs came after him.

I’ve not seen or read one interview where Morrison has said the above
(08-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Because it wasn't an interview. It was at the evening with James Morrison last year.
(08-19-2020, 09:19 AM)Squid Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Because it wasn't an interview. It was at the evening with James Morrison last year.

Oh right. Was that with Brunty or on his own? Interesting.
(08-19-2020, 08:57 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Yes. Those who train him and watch him day in, day out. Those with well over 1000 professional matches between them in their managerial careers. 

I’d go with their view and mine. His league cup appearance against Luton was the worst I’ve ever seen. 

Nobody wants him. It’s obvious why.
(08-19-2020, 10:04 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 08:57 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Yes. Those who train him and watch him day in, day out. Those with well over 1000 professional matches between them in their managerial careers. 

I’d go with their view and mine. His league cup appearance against Luton was the worst I’ve ever seen. 

Nobody wants him. It’s obvious why.

Yup, I think it’s entirely fair to base an opinion on one appearance (in which he scored).
(08-19-2020, 08:29 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Realise I’m in the minority but we’ll regret this.

You're not at all.

I would rather see Bilic and his coaches do what Nuno has done with Traore and try and develop him. 

Burke is bigger and as quick as Traore and needs encouragement, arm round the shoulder and some coaching.  

All I know is that when I went to the Brighton 3-1 debacle he terrorised them.  And then bombed out by tiny twat.   Like Zohore,  he's never been given a chance. 

Why can other players put in shit performances week after week and keep their places and he can't ever be given the oppportunity/ confidence of a run of games.  How can the kid ever be match fit or given the opportunity to justify his signing. 

If anyone knows the inside story then I'm sure we'd all be glad to hear it.

I agree with a lot of this Hoppy.

A lot of fans are writing him off based on a couple poor games 18 months ago when he'd been pretty much frozen out and touted round any club willing to listen for the previous summer. 

I know as little as everyone else around his attitude, but what I do know is we lack bodies up top and we lack money to bring them in. He is lightening quick, his technique is good (I'll focus on his season in La Liga over the fact the ball bounced off him a couple times in a rainy cup match), and he's an absolute unit who can be unstoppable when he turns the burners on. 

Given our only options seem to be loaning him out again with us covering a chunk of his wages, whilst simultaneously dropping his value I'd sooner we invested some time and actual coaching into trying to unlock the potential that saw 2 clubs paying £30m for him. Failing that, we should be loaning him to a club where he'll develop and get that level of coaching and game time... not shipping him out somewhere like Turkey where I guarantee he'll sign a 2 year deal, the English manager will be sacked within a few months /there'll be issues with paying wages - especially after COVID - and he'll be frozen out and we'll have another mess to deal with.
Well said, very sensible

It is astonishing that having spent so much on him he has still play a full game for us!
(08-19-2020, 10:32 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 08:29 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Realise I’m in the minority but we’ll regret this.

You're not at all.

I would rather see Bilic and his coaches do what Nuno has done with Traore and try and develop him. 

Burke is bigger and as quick as Traore and needs encouragement, arm round the shoulder and some coaching.  

All I know is that when I went to the Brighton 3-1 debacle he terrorised them.  And then bombed out by tiny twat.   Like Zohore,  he's never been given a chance. 

Why can other players put in shit performances week after week and keep their places and he can't ever be given the oppportunity/ confidence of a run of games.  How can the kid ever be match fit or given the opportunity to justify his signing. 

If anyone knows the inside story then I'm sure we'd all be glad to hear it.

I agree with a lot of this Hoppy.

A lot of fans are writing him off based on a couple poor games 18 months ago when he'd been pretty much frozen out and touted round any club willing to listen for the previous summer. 

I know as little as everyone else around his attitude, but what I do know is we lack bodies up top and we lack money to bring them in. He is lightening quick, his technique is good (I'll focus on his season in La Liga over the fact the ball bounced off him a couple times in a rainy cup match), and he's an absolute unit who can be unstoppable when he turns the burners on. 

Given our only options seem to be loaning him out again with us covering a chunk of his wages, whilst simultaneously dropping his value I'd sooner we invested some time and actual coaching into trying to unlock the potential that saw 2 clubs paying £30m for him. Failing that, we should be loaning him to a club where he'll develop and get that level of coaching and game time... not shipping him out somewhere like Turkey where I guarantee he'll sign a 2 year deal, the English manager will be sacked within a few months /there'll be issues with paying wages - especially after COVID - and he'll be frozen out and we'll have another mess to deal with.
Well said, very sensible

It is astonishing that having spent so much on him he has still play a full game for us!

“There’s a bit of work to be done and certainly more to come out of him - he’s not the finished article yet by any means.”

Pulis. Aug 2017

Says it all really

Sauce: For those who like to see the evidence.   https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...d-13527707