Burke
Realise I’m in the minority but we’ll regret this.
(08-18-2020, 08:01 PM)G6Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 07:04 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: 2 year loan deal? Bit unusual.

If they cover his wages then we should snap their hands of as no other fucker will take him.

It surely has to be something like Loan Fee including his Wages plus a pre agreed sale.

Best we can do is probably £5m + maybe add a future 20% sell or buy back just to cover our back like Sorlath he turns into a superstar overnight
His wages will have increased significantly following promotion - for someone who won’t feature that’s an issue in itself 

No way will we be getting £5m, more likely just getting him off wage bill. If there’s a fees (loan or otherwise) it would be minimal 

Any deal inc fee for Burke will always stay ‘undisclosed’ as the club wouldn’t want any more publicity for what is easily the worst transfer in clubs history
Get what we can for him. He's a headless chicken.
(08-18-2020, 08:44 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 07:04 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: 2 year loan deal? Bit unusual.

If they cover his wages then we should snap their hands of as no other fucker will take him.

It surely has to be something like Loan Fee including his Wages plus a pre agreed sale.

Best we can do is probably £5m + maybe add a future 20% sell or buy back just to cover our back like Sorlath he turns into a superstar overnight
Turkish clubs are skint.

Its probably 2 washers and a bottle top. The deal will be intheir favour if they are to pay his wages for 2 years. If he is on £20K a week as a prem player, that's £2M in wages alone.

That’s a good offer in fairness.

I’d have taken just one washer.
If he was only on 20k a week he would be half the problem/burden he currently is

His salary hurts us immensely

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
There’s no way we’ll get any kind of decent fee. As others have said, getting him off the wage bill is the best we’ll do. Hence the two year loan. There won’t be any option to buy as he’d be out of contract then. Saving on his wages is the best we’ll get.
(08-18-2020, 09:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Realise I’m in the minority but we’ll regret this.

You're not at all.

I would rather see Bilic and his coaches do what Nuno has done with Traore and try and develop him. 

Burke is bigger and as quick as Traore and needs encouragement, arm round the shoulder and some coaching.  

All I know is that when I went to the Brighton 3-1 debacle he terrorised them.  And then bombed out by tiny twat.   Like Zohore,  he's never been given a chance. 

Why can other players put in shit performances week after week and keep their places and he can't ever be given the oppportunity/ confidence of a run of games.  How can the kid ever be match fit or given the opportunity to justify his signing. 

If anyone knows the inside story then I'm sure we'd all be glad to hear it.
(08-18-2020, 10:32 PM)Cuzer Wrote: If he was only on 20k a week he would be half the problem/burden he currently is

Cuzer

I don't know what he's on, Cuzer, and I didn't want to speculate a silly figure. I respect that you may well know the answer, though.

If £20K is half the problem, then a 2 year loan might be the answer, but I would imagine this requires a large subsidy as well. That's £4M gross in wages over the remaining contract.

When people look at the value/fees, they forget the wages. "If we could get £5M for him" for example (not knocking the poster who said this). But his wages at £40K per week would be over £10M during his contract (if £40K is accurate). Let alone all the agent fees etc that go with it. This is almost a bigger problem than the headline fee when the player doesn't perform.

Turning back to my pet subject, Sealish. Villa fans calling for him to be paid £200K a week to ward off interest. That's £10M a year in wages. If he trips over his hair and is out for 2 years, that's half of their wage budget as a Chump club, and £50M to him/advisors (5 year contract), for a club who survived by 1 hawkeye decision.

So we can answer the question "where's the money gone, Tom?". Straight into the player's pockets. The game's gone.
(08-19-2020, 12:29 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 10:32 PM)Cuzer Wrote: If he was only on 20k a week he would be half the problem/burden he currently is

Cuzer

I don't know what he's on, Cuzer, and I didn't want to speculate a silly figure. I respect that you may well know the answer, though.

If £20K is half the problem, then a 2 year loan might be the answer, but I would imagine this requires a large subsidy as well. That's £4M gross in wages over the remaining contract.

When people look at the value/fees, they forget the wages. "If we could get £5M for him" for example (not knocking the poster who said this). But his wages at £40K per week would be over £10M during his contract (if £40K is accurate). Let alone all the agent fees etc that go with it. This is almost a bigger problem than the headline fee when the player doesn't perform.

Turning back to my pet subject, Sealish. Villa fans calling for him to be paid £200K a week to ward off interest. That's £10M a year in wages. If he trips over his hair and is out for 2 years, that's half of their wage budget as a Chump club, and £50M to him/advisors (5 year contract), for a club who survived by 1 hawkeye decision.

So we can answer the question "where's the money gone, Tom?". Straight into the player's pockets. The game's gone.

1. Who scouted and recommended him?
2. Who agreed the contract? 
3. Who has never given him an opportunity?
Getting rid of Burke will be a Paine, but surely ‘Tis Time to Part.