No point Slav moaning
(08-18-2020, 09:52 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:49 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:33 PM)MassDebater Wrote: TBF I think the E&D (may be the mail) has an article on Field, his stats when playing for Charlton last year ere actually very very decent. The kind of stats that if he'd gone down with Wigan would have many on here clamouring for him to be bought for a couple of million.

Agreed.

Field deserves to be involved here. 

Played well in the PL... did ok when called on in the Champ and was one of the best players at Charlton.

Perce said Bilic wants to move on Field and Leko. Surprised with both tbh

Neither deemed worthy of a place in the Championship by Slav. Hardly then likely to be deemed worthy of a place now we've moved up a level to the Prem.
I like Field. Leko nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.
(08-18-2020, 09:33 PM)MassDebater Wrote: TBF I think the E&D (may be the mail) has an article on Field, his stats when playing for Charlton last year ere actually very very decent. The kind of stats that if he'd gone down with Wigan would have many on here clamouring for him to be bought for a couple of million.

Agreed.

Played well in the PL... did ok when called on in the Champ and was one of the best players at Charlton.

They have both been around long enough, under several managers, and haven’t broken through.

Time to let them go.
(08-18-2020, 04:07 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 03:40 PM)Hopalong Wrote: If he actually is....lost in translation?

He needs to get on the training ground with Leko, Burke, Field, Edwards, Harper, Richards and Tulloch and turn them into future Brom stars.

You can't polish a turd

That's rather ungracious.

(08-18-2020, 04:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: We don't need future stars, we need quality now

We do need future stars ffs and there's a lot of talent there to develop.
(08-18-2020, 11:51 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

He needs to get on the training ground with Leko, Burke, Field, Edwards, Harper, Richards and Tulloch and turn them into future Brom stars.

You can't polish a turd

(08-18-2020, 04:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: We don't need future stars, we need quality now

He's a fucking football coach, not Elijah.
(08-18-2020, 09:27 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: None of those names anywhere near the standard to play Premier League football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36240499

Leko,  man of the match 4 yrs ago when he was 16. 

What happened?   Huh Rolleyes

(08-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

You can't polish a turd

So what 'coaching' has been done with them in the last 12 months?

(08-18-2020, 10:22 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Agreed.

They have both been around long enough, under several managers, and haven’t broken through.

Time to let them go.

So why have we given them 4/5 year contracts, the latest being Tulloch last week - if it's time to let them go? Huh Dodgy   Not one of your classics Duffers!
(08-19-2020, 12:29 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:27 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: None of those names anywhere near the standard to play Premier League football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36240499

Leko,  man of the match 4 yrs ago when he was 16. 

What happened?   Huh Rolleyes

(08-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

You can't polish a turd

So what 'coaching' has been done with them in the last 12 months?

(08-18-2020, 10:22 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Agreed.

Time to let them go.

So why have we given them 4/5 year contracts, the latest being Tulloch last week - if it's time to let them go? Huh Dodgy   Not one of your classics Duffers!

Why was Burke signed/given a big contract? The people in charge make strange decisions Athers. At least with them being under contract they have some transfer value.

By my count they’ve both played under four permanent managers plus caretakers. None have seen fit to give either player an extended run of games. Neither player is going to make it here and it’s time to move them on.

Agreed.

He obviously wants better players and sees them as potential to bring in some ££ to add to his granger budget
I told you I’ll be back
MassDebater Wrote:TBF I think the E&D (may be the mail) has an article on Field, his stats when playing for Charlton last year ere actually very very decent. The kind of stats that if he'd gone down with Wigan would have many on here clamouring for him to be bought for a couple of million.

Field has done very little wrong in an Albion shirt. Looked fine to everyone (except Pardew) in the Prem.
I've said before Field won't make it here because we can't have him spend the 2 or 3 years of solid football he needs for him to gain the knowledge to match his ability in the role he plays.

He is one we could well look back on thinking 'Why did we let him go etc, like Wood and to some extent Sawyers, though who knows what the future holds.

We cant hold him back here much longer, he needs regular first team football in a settled team. Time to sell him on.