Ibuprofen
(08-14-2020, 05:47 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I honestly thought this morning.....

I won’t ever try and convince a bird to take it up the shitter again Big Grin

"Excuse me love, but do you mind if I do you up the dirt box? You know it's good for you. Plus, it's socially distancing friendly."
(08-14-2020, 05:37 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I’ve fucked up a shin due to all the walking I’ve been doing. 

Who said keeping fit is good for you??  Fucking liars Big Grin

If my memory is correct you were sometimes doing a week's worth of walking concentrated into a couple of days; that could well be the source of the problem. When you get back to it, it might be better to spread the load a little. Easier said than done of course, with so many other commitments to meet.

I had shin splints from running many years back. I managed to find a very supportive shoe which controlled my running action (Brooks Chariots, sadly no longer available). Back then I was happy to accept a bit of extra weight for the additional support (an extra 5 or 10 seconds a mile was neither here or there to me). But there are plenty of supportive walking shoes around now which don't have to feel like a couple of housebricks on your feet; finding ones with a wide enough toe-box is my difficulty now.
Brooks.

A favourite of the club runner.
When Chariots were discontinued I switched to Beasts, but I never found them quite as good. As the mileage gradually tailed off they were adequate and the injuries didn't recur.

Latterly I'd been a 4 or 5 miles a couple of times a week runner and I'd settled into Salomon Speedcross for both runs and trail walks (I stay away from tarmac as much as possible). The lugs have a limited life but the 2E width fitting is just about right for me.

Running lapsed during lockdown and I might struggle to get back this time.
As an aside, with all your 30hour a day walks, make sure you aren't dehydrated, that can real havoc on the shitting side of life too.

Glad it's not just me with the dead legs from a major cleanse.
(08-14-2020, 08:52 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 05:37 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I’ve fucked up a shin due to all the walking I’ve been doing. 

Who said keeping fit is good for you??  Fucking liars Big Grin

If my memory is correct you were sometimes doing a week's worth of walking concentrated into a couple of days; that could well be the source of the problem. When you get back to it, it might be better to spread the load a little. Easier said than done of course, with so many other commitments to meet.

I had shin splints from running many years back. I managed to find a very supportive shoe which controlled my running action (Brooks Chariots, sadly no longer available). Back then I was happy to accept a bit of extra weight for the additional support (an extra 5 or 10 seconds a mile was neither here or there to me). But there are plenty of supportive walking shoes around now which don't have to feel like a couple of housebricks on your feet; finding ones with a wide enough toe-box is my difficulty now.

Cheers for that.

I’ve had shin splints in the past and it isn’t that.  When I woke the next day to see my shin swollen  and bruised I had to google what I’d done as my first thought was shin splints.

I have gel in sole in both shoes and I’ve been fine for a few years and this is the first time a shin has given way.
Life lesson learnt right here folks; too much walking = can't shit