Spectacular lightning display
In the western sky from where we are in Stourbridge. 

No rain as yet.
Fucking hammered it down here earlier.
BBQ this evening. 30c outside still at 9pm.
Had five minutes of rain around 7 pm I’ve just been stood in garden in Quinton 10pm watching that spectacular lightning display. Someone is having a soaking. But there is no thunder to be heard. Just heard Halesowen is getting it.
Just a consistent background rumble of thunder here, nothing that sounds too close.
Spectacular lightening now.

Pissin it doon too...
Incredible light show going on here near the Welsh border, a constant flicker and flash from sheet lightning coming in more than one per second. A distant rumble of approaching thunder accompanying it too. As yet, no rain here either, though I suspect that is imminent given the proximity of the display.
I've never seen lightning like it, it's relentless. Over the last 25 minutes barely a second has gone by without the sky being lit up looking west.
Fair bit of thunder and lightning over here in Erdington. Very humid and oppressive. Went up the garden just and although there was no rain the smell of moisture was very definitely in the air. I think we may be in for a big one tonight.
I would just like to say I hope all of you Brummies and Yam Yams appreciated the silent, dry thunderstorm while over here in CV8 it is raining and the thunder was so loud that a car alarm went off.