Oliver
After the Sheff U debacle how can he be allowed to ref another prem fixture never mind the Villa game today? 

Unbelievable.
(07-26-2020, 05:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote: After the Sheff U debacle how can he be allowed to ref another prem fixture never mind the Villa game today? 

Unbelievable.

Wasn’t his fault the cameras weren’t on.
Oliver = Burke!
Who was the VAR ref for that match, surely he could have overruled the goal-line technology?
Shouldn't the ref have to check to make sure the goal line tech is working? I'm sure I've worked at a game where they were talking about having to delay the start of the game because the VAR wouldn't work.
I said at the time "some Vile b*****d had his finger on the off switch.

It was a comment made in jest.

Now I'm not so sure
(07-26-2020, 05:36 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 05:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote: After the Sheff U debacle how can he be allowed to ref another prem fixture never mind the Villa game today? 

Unbelievable.

It was his fault he didn't go over to the screen to see what the players on the pitch and millions watching saw. A goal.

(07-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote: Who was the VAR ref for that match, surely he could have overruled the goal-line technology?

We were told the purpose of VAR was to correct obvious errors. 

How more obvious can you get. 

It's just unbelievable how these bastards have survived and celebrating like they've won the League.  Wankers.
Wasn't his fault. And its wirth noting Oliver is opposed to too much technology in the game for this reason. They've been told that a goal is only a goal if the hawk eye system in their watch confirms it. It didn't.
(07-26-2020, 05:40 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 05:36 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Unbelievable.

It was his fault he didn't go over to the screen to see what the players on the pitch and millions watching saw. A goal.

(07-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote: Who was the VAR ref for that match, surely he could have overruled the goal-line technology?

We were told the purpose of VAR was to correct obvious errors. 

How more obvious can you get. 

It's just unbelievable how these bastards have survived and celebrating like they've won the League.  Wankers.

Oliver clearly gestured to his watch to say it hadn’t buzzed. He put his faith in the technology, as he was supposed to.

No blame can be attached to him.
Even if he did go over to the monitor, or ask VAR, they're not actually supposed to over rule Hawkeye, honestly it's a very stupid set up that causes chaos if something goes wrong.