From Alan Nixon just now
(07-26-2020, 09:53 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:09 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/statu...69088?s=21

Antonee Robinson, Bright Oseyi Samuel plus a keeper

That's poor from Nixon by his standards, about as useful as my exclusives.

I thought your exclusives were the result of too much cheese before bed?
(07-26-2020, 10:07 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:53 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:09 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/statu...69088?s=21

Antonee Robinson, Bright Oseyi Samuel plus a keeper

That's poor from Nixon by his standards, about as useful as my exclusives.

I thought your exclusives were the result of too much cheese before bed?

Wink
Slaven Bilić on his transfer plans:

“We have to do something similar to Sheffield United, not like Aston Villa, and definitely not like Norwich who didn’t even try anything.

“We need to invest, but in quality - quality.”
Without wishing to start the SJ debate again, I wonder if it's a senior keeper, or back-up were after?

If its senior, then SJ is expensive to warm the bench, and at his age, I'm sure he would want 1st team football.
(07-26-2020, 02:33 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Slaven Bilić on his transfer plans:

“We have to do something similar to Sheffield United, not like Aston Villa, and definitely not like Norwich who didn’t even try anything.

“We need to invest, but in quality - quality.”

Nice one Slav, you're getting the hang of this hating the deluded Smile

Surely Alex Palmer needs to be looked at as a back up, potential long term first keeper?
(07-26-2020, 10:04 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Robinson deal is apparently 1.5m which is an absolute steal... Wigan have had a second takeover fall through due to wage bill and cash requirements so there are some bargains to be had there. 

Having checked Wiki, apparently he's the one who was due to join Milan for over $10m but fell through due to heart problem. Surely we'd have to pay about that (and one might assume big clubs would be in for him too).
(07-26-2020, 07:32 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 10:04 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Robinson deal is apparently 1.5m which is an absolute steal... Wigan have had a second takeover fall through due to wage bill and cash requirements so there are some bargains to be had there. 

Having checked Wiki, apparently he's the one who was due to join Milan for over $10m but fell through due to heart problem. Surely we'd have to pay about that (and one might assume big clubs would be in for him too).

No - that was in January.  He has an exit clause for £4.5m I think if Wigan are a Championship club, and £1.5m if a L1 club (which they are now).  That’s all a club has to pay but of course it helps him to demand a higher signing-on fee and salary if the fee is so cheap
(07-26-2020, 07:36 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

No - that was in January.  He has an exit clause for £4.5m I think if Wigan are a Championship club, and £1.5m if a L1 club (which they are now).  That’s all a club has to pay but of course it helps him to demand a higher signing-on fee and salary if the fee is so cheap

Ah ok. Thanks for explaining. Still think a bigger fish will nab him.
(07-26-2020, 07:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

He will have his pick from any Championship club and probably the bottom half of the Prem. Whoever pays the most wages will get him. 

Expect those fishy Cnuts to be all over it....
(07-26-2020, 07:43 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 07:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

He will have his pick from any Championship club and probably the bottom half of the Prem. Whoever pays the most wages will get him. 

Expect those fishy Cnuts to be all over it....

There will be a meltdown if the Sesls dont spunk st leasg £30M on sn international full back