Llanana signed for Brighton
3 year contract for a 32 year old made of biscuits, no thanks. If you get a big club on your cv it really does help your bank balance
(07-25-2020, 02:18 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:15 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: If he can stay fit, that's a great signing. Not one for praising Klopp, but he really managed to raise Lallana's game significantly, IMO.

Disagree. His time at Liverpool for me will be remembered for injuries and being left out the team. That’s despite him winning a PL and Champions League medal.

Compare him to Henderson, where Klopp really has raised his game.

He didn't miss many in Klopp's first 2 seasons.
(07-25-2020, 02:35 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:18 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:15 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: If he can stay fit, that's a great signing. Not one for praising Klopp, but he really managed to raise Lallana's game significantly, IMO.

Disagree. His time at Liverpool for me will be remembered for injuries and being left out the team. That’s despite him winning a PL and Champions League medal.

Compare him to Henderson, where Klopp really has raised his game.

He didn't miss many in Klopp's first 2 seasons.

The two seasons they never won anything. He’s rarely figured since due to injury and not being selected. Klopp has brought many players games to a new level (Mane, Salah, Robertson, TAA, Henderson) but I just wouldn’t put Lallana in that bracket.
People forget how good Lallana was before the injuries hit him. At times he was the only player who looked like an International Footballer for England, and at first when Klopp came in he was the only one who really seemed to get what Klopp was trying to do and he really did look exceptional, sadly it was for a short time before injuries ruined him.

At his best that's a great signing for Brighton, though 3 years for a very injury prone player is one hell of a risk.
(07-25-2020, 02:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:25 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Must be getting on? Recall he scored Southamptons goal against us in the penultimate game of the 2007-08  season before Brunts equaliser secured promotion.

Yes, 32 years old Adam Lallana is getting on a bit.

30 year old Charlie Austin is slower than me (and 20 years younger)
Lallana sounds like he'll do an Austin for them. OK here and there, get their hopes up, but ultimately won't fully deliver when it matters.
I think a fit Lallana is one of the best players in the Prem. Unfortunately for him so were his teammates!
(07-25-2020, 03:07 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:25 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Must be getting on? Recall he scored Southamptons goal against us in the penultimate game of the 2007-08  season before Brunts equaliser secured promotion.

Yes, 32 years old Adam Lallana is getting on a bit.

30 year old Charlie Austin is slower than me (and 20 years younger)

Charlie is only 30??

Fuck me sideways, I though the was 33/34!! Fucking slow twat!