The toughest of tough summers.....
(07-25-2020, 11:01 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:59 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:50 AM)billybassett Wrote: It will be a tough ask for the club. I hope they don't panic though and throw money after poor targets late on. I'd rather stick with some of the yoof, likes of Tulloch etc, and if we can get some quality and experience in for the right cash early then great.

Just look at Sheff Utds squad, nowt to it.

Considering they’ve spent about £60m, they’re still playing a lot of players from L1. It’s quite damning that they spent £35m on McBurnie, Mousset and Robinson yet McGoldrick still started over 20 PL games!

Will be very interesting to see what they do this season.

I think they'll struggle.

May well do but the fact they've used L1 players and done well suggest we don't need to be spending millions on dross
(07-25-2020, 11:16 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:50 AM)billybassett Wrote: It will be a tough ask for the club. I hope they don't panic though and throw money after poor targets late on. I'd rather stick with some of the yoof, likes of Tulloch etc, and if we can get some quality and experience in for the right cash early then great.

Considering they’ve spent about £60m, they’re still playing a lot of players from L1. It’s quite damning that they spent £35m on McBurnie, Mousset and Robinson yet McGoldrick still started over 20 PL games!

May well do but the fact they've used L1 players and done well suggest we don't need to be spending millions on dross

Think there was a lot of momentum with Sheff United’s run... similar to when Norwich got successive promotions and finished top half.

They’ve taken 10 points from 10 games since the restart, after taking 44 from 27 prior.
(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:16 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Think there was a lot of momentum with Sheff United’s run... similar to when Norwich got successive promotions and finished top half.

They’ve taken 10 points from 10 games since the restart, after taking 44 from 27 prior.

True but a pt a game would see them survive most years
I’m at peace with what will happen.

As things stand I can’t see anything other than us doing a Norwich next year.
(07-25-2020, 11:31 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’m at peace with what will happen.

What an odd thing to predict considering the current Premier League season hasn’t finished, we have a whole transfer window ahead of us and we are 2 days removed from securing promotion.
Transfer window officially opens on Monday. We have till 5th October to trade here and abroad. Then a 2 week window from 5th to the 16th October to trade with clubs in Prem, Champ, L1 or L2.

We need to consolidate our squad and IMO Bilic needs to assess whether he’ll go into games with his preferred set up of 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We simply can’t overload positions and carry a weighted squad. Look at the number of wingers we finished this season with, and don’t forget we have Jonathan Leko returning to the squad too.

I think looking at things objectively even before we look to add a full back - I can’t see the club sanctioning a signing whilst we have Furlong, O’Shea, Townsend and Gibbs. We simply can’t justify another full back without moving players on.

Take the centre of defence. I think Ajayi could really thrive alongside an accomplished PL level CB. Now will Bilic look abroad? I genuinely think Bartley and Hegazi are ok as options alongside Ajayi and AN Other.

Will be interesting whether he sees O’Shea as a full back or centre back at PL level too.
(07-25-2020, 10:24 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Coming up for us as a club

I actually think we’re at even more of a disadvantage to a promoted team coming up in normal times. With the uncertainty of the market, players salaries and contracts and given the reduced 3 weeks pre season then factor in a 6 week transfer window I see a lot of clubs maintaining the nucleus of their squad whereas we have a fair bit to do, both in and out I’d suggest

Appreciate Slav  has said the squad who got us up will get a chance and rightly so but we’ve still got a lot to do, factor in I’m unsure whether Jenkins will carry on, this will only complicate matters, the clock is seriously ticking on our strategies, all this just 72 hours after the euphoria of Wednesday night

Challenging times for Dowling and his team 

Cuzer

What makes you unsure whether Jenkins will carry on Cuz ?
(07-25-2020, 11:31 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’m at peace with what will happen.

With Mandukic and Modric we'll be fine Duffers.  Wink

I think Leeds could struggle as Bielsa won't last the season.   Especially if Cavani signs as reported!
(07-25-2020, 12:25 PM)Faggits Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:24 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Coming up for us as a club

I actually think we’re at even more of a disadvantage to a promoted team coming up in normal times. With the uncertainty of the market, players salaries and contracts and given the reduced 3 weeks pre season then factor in a 6 week transfer window I see a lot of clubs maintaining the nucleus of their squad whereas we have a fair bit to do, both in and out I’d suggest

Appreciate Slav  has said the squad who got us up will get a chance and rightly so but we’ve still got a lot to do, factor in I’m unsure whether Jenkins will carry on, this will only complicate matters, the clock is seriously ticking on our strategies, all this just 72 hours after the euphoria of Wednesday night

Challenging times for Dowling and his team 

Cuzer

What makes you unsure whether Jenkins will carry on Cuz ?

It was never meant to be a long term thing and he’s the perfect chance to go out in a high now

He only came in to sort out the shit storm from the previous regime 

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(07-25-2020, 11:39 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Transfer window officially opens on Monday. We have till 5th October to trade here and abroad. Then a 2 week window from 5th to the 16th October to trade with clubs in Prem, Champ, L1 or L2.

We need to consolidate our squad and IMO Bilic needs to assess whether he’ll go into games with his preferred set up of 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We simply can’t overload positions and carry a weighted squad. Look at the number of wingers we finished this season with, and don’t forget we have Jonathan Leko returning to the squad too.

I think looking at things objectively even before we look to add a full back - I can’t see the club sanctioning a signing whilst we have Furlong, O’Shea, Townsend and Gibbs. We simply can’t justify another full back without moving players on.

Take the centre of defence. I think Ajayi could really thrive alongside an accomplished PL level CB. Now will Bilic look abroad? I genuinely think Bartley and Hegazi are ok as options alongside Ajayi and AN Other.

Will be interesting whether he sees O’Shea as a full back or centre back at PL level too.

Ah has that been confirmed, those dates?

If so takes the pressure off slightly but I hate the window still being open once the season has started

Full back is a HUGE priority to Slav

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers