E&D Promotion Special
I think we would have been in a financial mess well maybe not mess but a lot of cuts would have been made on and off the pitch. I’d rather be back in the Prem now from a financial POV than at any other time given the poop that’s going to hit the fan in the next few months with regards to football finance.
We'd have had one last chance before serious cuts would inevitably have had to kick in. Pressure would have been immense.

Promotion right now is such a relief.
(07-25-2020, 09:52 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: We'd have had one last chance before serious cuts would inevitably have had to kick in. Pressure would have been immense.

Promotion right now is such a relief.

I think Livermore’s interview underlined it was much more urgent to go back up this year for the whole club. The financial fallout from Covid is going to hit clubs hard in the Championship as I can’t see gates returning to anywhere near what they were and TV money isn’t going to make up the difference.
(07-25-2020, 06:27 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 04:13 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I don’t understand the knocking of the E&S as they have an Albion fan as their reporter (Joe Massi who
is very passionate about the bRom, watch a video interview to see) and they have massively overtaken the Birmingham Mail who for a long time simply quote other sources of info the majority of the time.
Yep. Joe Masi does a great podcast. He's Albion through and through.
And in the last one he said E & S are doing an Albion promotion special next Wednesday.
He is as good as Matt Wilson, who was excellent.
Mail, I've given up reading. It used to be my local paper of choice for Baggies stuff, but now it's just cheap clickbait drivel

I can't fault the E&D coverage of the Albion and I make sure I buy it regularly, local media are under threat and once they're gone, they're lost forever.

However, despite the awfulness of their website format, Joe Chapman for the Birmingham Mail is a good writer. Regularly covers our under23s too.
(07-25-2020, 09:09 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:35 AM)JOK Wrote: Here is some good news in the E&D

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loca...y-leaders/

Not sure about the reference to “6” local derbies in the Prem next season though.

Andy Street dreaming.

Corin Crane, chief executive of the Black Country Chamber of Commerce said it was "great news" the Baggies had gone up.

He said: "Now we have two Black Country teams in the Premier League, it's really good news all round. And the rivalry between those two – Wolves and the Baggies – is good fun.

Blimey, obviously never been to a game then...
(07-25-2020, 01:05 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 09:09 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:35 AM)JOK Wrote: Here is some good news in the E&D

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loca...y-leaders/

Not sure about the reference to “6” local derbies in the Prem next season though.

Andy Street dreaming.

Corin Crane, chief executive of the Black Country Chamber of Commerce said it was "great news" the Baggies had gone up.

He said: "Now we have two Black Country teams in the Premier League, it's really good news all round. And the rivalry between those two – Wolves and the Baggies – is good fun.

Blimey, obviously never been to a game then...

Quite.

He hasn't a clue.

Although the last time I saw him was at an event at The Hawthorns.