The Morning After The Night Before
It hasn't got any easier, has it?
(07-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: It hasn't got any easier, has it?

No.
Pathetic of me at my age, but I had a lousy night.
That has gone in my top 3 most disappointing performances already. 

Might even be number one. 

Derby in the play offs and the 4 nil to villa in the cup the other two
With the exception of Brentford

No teams have shone since the return 

Some have won as in ground out results

We have shown some promise of what we can do

But from what I've seen most games have been pants

Wigan might be another exception from their recent thrashing
(07-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: It hasn't got any easier, has it?

It really hasn't. Absolutely gutting. Feels worse than relegation and Regis day combined.
Sometimes I hate the fact that my parents moved to Sandwell and condemned me to supporting this club.
It's in the blood, I cannot change which team I support. That doesn't stop me from hating Albion half the time.

Most of my school friends in the early 80s were Liverpool fans - in Sandwell. That would have been the easier option.
But I can't change who I support as much as I would want to sometimes.

The games that I attended most were in the late 80s and through the 90s - whole seasons at home.
I have suffered the worst of times as an Albion fan.
This kick in the teeth yesterday seems almost as bad - nothing however surpasses Twerton Park in 1991.
I had cause to visit it again in 2017 when I went back to the UK when I went to watch Bath City.
I almost cried again then remembering that dismal day in 1991.
This puts yesterday into a bit more perspective for me.
I had not thought we would make autos anyway - we had stumbled again before the break after a decent run and some of the same poor performances could be anticipated afterwards, though I thought it would be Fulham (who had been picking up) who would catch us, not Brentford. Also been very busy with work and Covid 19 stuff (busiest ever, perversely) so little time to dwell on football (just taking a break from work now). Nevertheless had not expected such an abject showing last night but a defeat hardly a shock. So it's not been so hard to take. I was steeled for it. Can't see any progress in the play-offs - we look utterly broken.
No not any easier today here in Australia having sat up in the middle of the night following BBC live report & switching to here, ( couldn’t bare to watch it live on telly) still mighty pissed off & took me back to 78 semi final in terms of disappointment.
Turned on morning news & 1st thing that pops up “ & Leeds Utd are back in the premier after West Brom lost “ I nearly put me foot the the telly didn’t help by the wife saying “ if they upset you so much why don’t you support somebody else ? “ , they just don’t get do they ? hanging on to slight chance Stoke do us a favour tonight & hopefully in few days my hopes might raise & we can win playoffs, oh  the joys of supporting our beloved Albion it’s the hope that kills you still once a Baggie always a Baggie
(07-18-2020, 10:11 AM)Squid Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: It hasn't got any easier, has it?

It really hasn't. Absolutely gutting. Feels worse than relegation and Regis day combined.

Woke up half way through the night and spent the next 2 hours unable to stop thinking of the shitshow we witnessed last night.
I wish I was man enough to not let it effect my mood and determine my weekend but I’m not.

Gutting.