Leeds vs Barnsley
(07-16-2020, 06:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 06:18 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 06:12 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 05:59 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: That's the thing, we've played well but not stuck the chances away. Hoping we can carry the 2nd half from Tuesday into tomorrow and seek an early goal. We need to start taking the chances we're creating.

That Blackburn game is probably going to bite us in the arse!

I agree but not just Blackburn is it?  16 draws and some ridiculous defeats.  Promotion should have been in the bag given the quality of our squad so difficult to understand what's gone wrong. Complacency probably the main issue.  

Win the next two - or just get more points that Brentford and it's immaterial.

100%, said to my old man that even if we'd have turned 4 of those 16 draws into wins we'd be up by now...6 defeats is great, but it's those tight games we should have won that may cost us. At the end of the day, that's football and we'll see what we have after 46 games.

You could also argue that we've dug out draws where we could have got nothing which has given us extra points to put us 2nd, rather than just top 6. Barnsley at home (2 down), late equalisers vs Reading at home Derby, Fulham and Wigan away...

Exactly. We rescued and lost points over the course of the season.
That's football right? Let's see where we're at after 46 games, that will determine where we deserve to finish.
Exacto, no one deserves anything. You make your own luck.
All we have to do is beat Hudders and QPR, two bottom half sides. Its all in our control and we have no one to blame but ourselves

I also find it amazing that in order to go up automatically, we will need to get 17 pts out of our last 7 matches. Wow, who would have thought that?