Team v Fulham
-------------------------Johnstone-----------------------------

--O'Shea------Ajayi--------Hegazi----------Townsend--

--------------Livermore---------Krov---------------

Diangana------------Pereira--------------------Grosicki

--------------------------Austin------------------------------------
Need to go at them hard and first from the very start.

Score early and their thoughts will quickly turn to the playoffs.
If Gibbs is fit he has to play. Nothing against Townsend but Gibbs is the better player. It may be a risk but if fit he plays .
(07-11-2020, 08:14 PM)Duffers Wrote: How about the team that comfortably beat Derby? Or the one that beat Hull? Or the one that beat Wednesday?

Don't be silly.

Almost all our players are crap and we're lucky to be second. Duh.
Austin offers our only threat upfront. Zahore does nothing, and HRK plays more like a midfielder. All this moaning about Austin, yet I believe he still leads the Championship in goals per minute of play, meaning if he played as much as Mitrovic he'd have as many or more goals. Other strikers have scoreless matches too (and yes I posted this on another thread too). It seems like every time we draw the only reason is striker. Lets not forget we were dominating with Austin and Grosiki, when those two went off it all fell apart.
(07-12-2020, 01:18 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: Austin offers our only threat upfront. Zahore does nothing, and HRK plays more like a midfielder. All this moaning about Austin, yet I believe he still leads the Championship in goals per minute of play, meaning if he played as much as Mitrovic he'd have as many or more goals. Other strikers have scoreless matches too (and yes I posted this on another thread too). It seems like every time we draw the only reason is striker. Lets not forget we were dominating with Austin and Grosiki, when those two went off it all fell apart.

Yes Zohore does nothing... Scored 5 in 6 starts!
(07-12-2020, 01:18 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: Austin offers our only threat upfront. Zahore does nothing, and HRK plays more like a midfielder. All this moaning about Austin, yet I believe he still leads the Championship in goals per minute of play, meaning if he played as much as Mitrovic he'd have as many or more goals. Other strikers have scoreless matches too (and yes I posted this on another thread too). It seems like every time we draw the only reason is striker. Lets not forget we were dominating with Austin and Grosiki, when those two went off it all fell apart.

How many of Charlie's goals were penalties? He never looks to me like scoring from open play. But what are the stats?
(07-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

How many of Charlie's goals were penalties? He never looks to me like scoring from open play. But what are the stats?

4 out of 10 I think
The other thing to keep in mind when comparing our forwards (primarily HRK and Austin) to another teams, lets say Mitrovic, is minutes played. People point to Mitrovic being a top striker, he has something like 24 goals in 3320 minutes in the Chanpionship. Bilic however swaps back and forth between Austin and HRK. HRK has 10 goals in 2200 minutes, Austin has 10 goals in 1400. So together they have 20 goals in 3600 minutes. This si comparable to Mitrovic, especially when you consider the other major scoring threats we have that also take lots of shots. our style is not just dump it into the middle. So I guess I am saying we are scoring goals, and we are getting good play out of the "sole striker" position, its just split between 2 players because that is how Bilic did it
(07-12-2020, 07:34 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: The other thing to keep in mind when comparing our forwards (primarily HRK and Austin) to another teams, lets say Mitrovic, is minutes played. People point to Mitrovic being a top striker, he has something like 24 goals in 3320 minutes in the Chanpionship. Bilic however swaps back and forth between Austin and HRK. HRK has 10 goals in 2200 minutes, Austin has 10 goals in 1400. So together they have 20 goals in 3600 minutes. This si comparable to Mitrovic, especially when you consider the other major scoring threats we have that also take lots of shots. our style is not just dump it into the middle. So I guess I am saying we are scoring goals, and we are getting good play out of the "sole striker" position, its just split between 2 players because that is how Bilic did it

Excellent statting.

We have 20 different goal scorers... I’d like to see how many the next team on the list has.

Fulham have 10, Leeds 13 and Brentford 12... although the latter’s front three have nearly 60 between them - more than Forest have in total!