John Lewis in Birmingham
Birmingham rebuilt New Street Station in the wrong place because of the cash from Grand Central, rather than building it at Eastside where HS2 will now terminate.

Public sector fuckwittery at it's most masterful.

Instead of a world class transport interchange we have a hovel of a commuter station, with an empty shop above and HS2 a mile away. You couldn't make this shit up
(07-09-2020, 06:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Birmingham rebuilt New Street Station in the wrong place because of the cash from Grand Central, rather than building it at Eastside where HS2 will now terminate.

Public sector fuckwittery at it's most masterful.

Instead of a world class transport interchange we have a hovel of a commuter station, with an empty shop above and HS2 a mile away. You couldn't make this shit up

They built it where the rails are,  saying anything else would end up being too expensive. Why HS2 ends up a ten minute walk from the city centre is a question those who think we need to get to London 10 minutes quicker.
(07-09-2020, 05:41 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 05:33 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 05:26 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 05:03 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 04:45 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: TBF, I have been making a few  clothing purchases from online stores (including EbAY) recently. I bought a smark half price Armor Lux Smock from J Lewis online. And a cap, as I am going grade one as I think out up top. Plus the Modfather in Camden and SI.

[Image: Howard+in+smock.jpg]

Please ask for my permission in future. 

Thank you.

Sorry - didn't think you would mind, especially after losing all that weight??  Big Grin

My privates are impotent.

Edited for you!  Big Grin
(07-09-2020, 10:26 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:26 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: A massive body blow to the flagship store at Grand Central.

I worry for Birmingham.

What replaces it?

Primark probably moves no doubt

There’s definitely quite a few on here rocking the Primark moves.

(07-09-2020, 04:26 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Oasis was pure entertainment.

I used to go there after spending far too much in that skateboard shop at the end of corporation street.