IT idiot / help
yes cookies clear, site data clear,
(07-09-2020, 11:25 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:06 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Can't help with this but if you need tech support for ZX81 or Electron then I. Am. The man.

Does your RAM pack wobble when you interface it on the Sinclair?

oh the hours of typing in lines of BASIC from a magazine to get something resembling space invaders only for the 16k ram pack to wobble  Sad 

The other joy was having to slightly adjust the tape head position to get games to load from a cassette player Sad  and then succeeding only for the 16k ram pack to wobble Angry

being helpful try clearing your cookies and browsing history...Bagpuss is an expert on this I believe Wink

To think I was good with computers, back in the day. Grade A 'O' Level.

I pursued a career in finance rather than computers, because I couldn't see a future for them!!   Sad Sad
(07-09-2020, 12:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Can't help with this but if you need tech support for ZX81 or Electron then I. Am. The man.

oh the hours of typing in lines of BASIC from a magazine to get something resembling space invaders only for the 16k ram pack to wobble  Sad 

The other joy was having to slightly adjust the tape head position to get games to load from a cassette player Sad  and then succeeding only for the 16k ram pack to wobble Angry

being helpful try clearing your cookies and browsing history...Bagpuss is an expert on this I believe Wink

To think I was good with computers, back in the day. Grade A 'O' Level.

I pursued a career in finance rather than computers, because I couldn't see a future for them!!   Sad Sad
Yeah I wasn't bad back in the day and also have O Level Grade A in computer Studies, had to learn FORTRAN, COBOL and PASCAL at Uni but never carried on with it, always build my own PCs etc and am the family go to guy for tech support (mainly my Dad Sad) but kind of wish I had kept up with the programming side
(07-09-2020, 09:27 AM)Jamin03 why change it? Wrote: I'm only a part time poster as you can guess but I've recently switched from explorer to chrome, however I can't log in via chrome.  I've clicked the forgotten email thingy but had no reply (although I have it written down and I don't recall changing it).

can the mods, or one of you super techy folk give me a steer please.  ( I had to re-open explorer to post this and yes I do have the internet!)

ta

Have you got it sorted yet Jamin?
Had to reset my log in for here the other day, no emails were received, same as ages ago when I had to reset. Tried it the other day and got the email in s few minutes. I just assumed the outgoing email server was t working properly....

My advice, try the reset again and you may get the password... That said, it's very odd that you can log in from explorer and not chrome, do you have any chrome add one installed, maybe there's a chrome security plug in enabled that's doing odd things? Actually, it may have been when I tried a reset from chrome that I never got the emails, been on Edge recently and got an email when resetting from that, so there may actually be some code failing to trigger the email from chrome....

Sorry about the delay in answering - just getting rid of an unwanted pop-up!  Big Grin