Leeds tonight...
A Leeds defeat obviously,  but we just need to concentrate on ourselves.

It's nip and tuck, lose the next 2 and we'd probably be 3rd with Fulham possibly a point behind us,  so no room for complacency.  

Things will be clearer this time next week!
(07-09-2020, 08:19 AM)Duffers Wrote: Why would we want anything other than a Stoke win?

I don’t understand any other point of view.
(07-09-2020, 09:57 AM)Moore Than Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 08:19 AM)Duffers Wrote: Why would we want anything other than a Stoke win?

4-5 games to go, it's overthinking the issue.   Teams run out of games to overtake you when they drop points-that's all.   I've been doing the maths (maximum points needed) since February (!) but Brentford have pissed on that bonfire by winning every week.    This is our 7th go at this since 2002-surely everybody gets it ?
Leeds win. It demoralises Brentford. Leeds losing spurs them on - only a 3 point gap.

Plenty of time to catch Leeds once Brentford are out of the equation.
It's an interesting debate-maths versus psychology. Probably says more about us as individuals than what we're debating !!

Agree. How psychologically it plays with Fulham is irrelevant. Cardiff's defeat was apparently going to boost Derby last night but they looked flat to me. It's all about the maths at present. Our 2 competitors for automatic are Leeds and Brentford. Either dropping points is good for us.
(07-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Agree. How psychologically it plays with Fulham is irrelevant. Cardiff's defeat was apparently going to boost Derby last night but they looked flat to me. It's all about the maths at present. Our 2 competitors for automatic are Leeds and Brentford. Either dropping points is good for us.

+1000000
A Leeds win would be more amusing because it would enable some of you to continue pant pissing but in reality it's a Stoke win. Let the Leeds fans have a turn looking over their shoulder at Brentford. Don't be greedy all you dampness lovers. There will be enough opportunities to indulge next season.
You can spin it any way you want to. A Leeds win for example could be good as it could dishearten Brentford having played their hearts out and yet are still two wins behind us both.

I’d rather we just kept winning.
(07-09-2020, 10:55 AM)Duffers Wrote: You can spin it any way you want to. A Leeds win for example could be good as it could dishearten Brentford having played their hearts out and yet are still two wins behind us both.

I’d rather we just kept winning.

That's a bit simplistic for this dump. If we keep winning all that will be on here is tumbleweed. After the win last night the daily music post was one of the first to get posted on. Imagine the difference if we'd lost.