Zohore and Austin
(06-27-2020, 06:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 05:27 PM)JOK Wrote: It amazes me the number of posters who are intimately acquainted with the inner workings of the Albion. They are fully conversant with the highly sensitive financial state of the business. Are privy up to all conversations within the boardroom and between current players, prospective acquisitions and their agents and managers. They know the inner mind and thought processes of each and every member of staff. Are able to elucidate the contingency plans, or lack of, for the evolution or re building of the squad. 
I am at a loss as to why the owner hasn’t replaced Mr. Jenkins with co operative think tank garnered from this bored.
I'm glad you've upped the font size. I can finally read what you say. Smile
Smile  Your welcome, though it is a bit of a rigmarole to do it. Now I just have to make my posts briefer to comply with another poster's wishes.
I’m in the Zahore camp and have been all season! Austin has not looked fit once since he’s played for us and the few times he has started, Wigan away being a prime example the team struggles as he just doesn’t link play or suit how we build up against the opposition

His record of goal scoring speaks volumes and coming on as a sub or when we go two up top he’s an option but I’m pretty sure he will be moved on in the summer regardless, if we can get rid as he’s on top money

Zahore should really be our best option, as a striker he really does have the lot, the two things he seems to lack are desire and belief, hence why he’s not playing I guess

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(06-28-2020, 09:02 AM)Cuzer Wrote: I’m in the Zahore camp and have been all season! Austin has not looked fit once since he’s played for us and the few times he has started, Wigan away being a prime example the team struggles as he just doesn’t link play or suit how we build up against the opposition

His record of goal scoring speaks volumes and coming on as a sub or when we go two up top he’s an option but I’m pretty sure he will be moved on in the summer regardless, if we can get rid as he’s on top money

Zahore should really be our best option, as a striker he really does have the lot, the two things he seems to lack are desire and belief, hence why he’s not playing I guess

Cuzer

Slav thought he could probably instil it as he's shown none of that anywhere else he's been..for £8m that was a massive gamble. A very expensive failure. What amazes me is that we've created some great youngsters in defence and midfield but nothing up top.
(06-27-2020, 08:42 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Everyone seems to have forgotten that Gayle was out injured for about 4 months.  Imagine if we’d signed him!
We would have had HRK doing what he has done. And from Jan to March Gayle would have scored more goals than Austen and Zohore have done combined all season.
(06-28-2020, 09:07 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 09:02 AM)Cuzer Wrote: I’m in the Zahore camp and have been all season! Austin has not looked fit once since he’s played for us and the few times he has started, Wigan away being a prime example the team struggles as he just doesn’t link play or suit how we build up against the opposition

Cuzer

Slav thought he could probably instil it as he's shown none of that anywhere else he's been..for £8m that was a massive gamble. A very expensive failure. What amazes me is that we've created some great youngsters in defence and midfield but nothing up top.

Morgan Rodgers might have played a part if he hadn't been poached!

Also got Morton coming through and below him Jevon Malcolm (who will also get taken from us). And Rico Richards.
Austin is past his prime, isn't fit enough and too slow. I'm amazed that some fans think we should start with him.
Zohore getting a bit of a slating on here yet if his rocket that smashed the bar would have been a couple of inches lower everyone would have been saying how great he had done. Fine margins.
(06-28-2020, 09:54 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Zohore getting a bit of a slating on here yet if his rocket that smashed the bar would have been a couple of inches lower everyone would have been saying how great he had done. Fine margins.
Is Zohores problem a confidence / self belief thing? When I first saw him, I thought he would be a real asset in this league, with good service etc.
(06-28-2020, 09:54 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Zohore getting a bit of a slating on here yet if his rocket that smashed the bar would have been a couple of inches lower everyone would have been saying how great he had done. Fine margins.

That was a great attempt by him to be fair. But it was the fact that he struggles to trap a ball and can't win a header even though he's 6'2 that concerns me.
(06-27-2020, 08:16 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Zahore is about as effective as Sick Vic was.

Great analogy  Big Grin

Perhaps they both measured up in the changing room Big Grin