Zohore and Austin
(06-27-2020, 05:27 PM)JOK Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 05:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 02:22 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We could have had Gayle for a similar price for what we paid for those 2.

I didn't think he wanted to come?

I still think we go up but the work we have to do to that squad to make it effective and competitive is scary.

You’ve answered your question, that’s why we brought Austin, last minute dot com when Gayle turned us down, we didn’t really have a plan B as we expected Gayle to come

Cuzer

Surely, if we signed Austin when Gayle didn't come we must have had a Plan B?
It amazes me the number of posters who are intimately acquainted with the inner workings of the Albion. They are fully conversant with the highly sensitive financial state of the business. Are privy up to all conversations within the boardroom and between current players, prospective acquisitions and their agents and managers. They know the inner mind and thought processes of each and every member of staff. Are able to elucidate the contingency plans, or lack of, for the evolution or re building of the squad. 
I am at a loss as to why the owner hasn’t replaced Mr. Jenkins with co operative think tank garnered from this bored.

Is that you’re attempt at dry humor?

We tried for Austin earlier in the window and he didn’t fancy it and at the time he was in a battle with Ralph whatshisface at Southampton

We thought the Gayle deal was done and surprisingly to us he turned us down, we then had 24 hours to bring a striker in so we revisited an earlier attempt with Austin and due to his situation at Southampton becoming untenable he signed quickly

I know personally that’s how it played out however all that information is also in the press and online if you wish to look

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Imho Billic should take big Ken to one side and tell him he starts all the remaing games just go out there and show me what you can do, when Zahore head is right and one his game he is an absolute beast he just needs game time and a manager prepared to belive in him, either that or change the system to accommodate Charlie either 352, 442,0r 433 and push Peierra up with 5 to 7 yrds of Charlie and get our wingers crossing the fuggin ball.
Zahore is about as effective as Sick Vic was.
(06-27-2020, 02:22 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We could have had Gayle for a similar price for what we paid for those 2.

I didn't think he wanted to come?

I still think we go up but the work we have to do to that squad to make it effective and competitive is scary.

You’ve answered your question, that’s why we brought Austin, last minute dot com when Gayle turned us down, we didn’t really have a plan B as we expected Gayle to come

Cuzer

Well I never asked the question in the first place?

However, we seem to seem to deal in the currency of desperation on these things. Anichibe being a prime example - an absolute disgrace.

Austin is good enough at this level - just. But the one above - nowhere near.
Everyone seems to have forgotten that Gayle was out injured for about 4 months. Imagine if we’d signed him!

I’m at a loss to understand why Austin hasn’t had more game time. He’s the only natural goalscorer we have at the club. He and Grosicki simply have to play from now on.

If we are in the playoffs then that’s around the time that Phillips might be matchfit. Happens after every break for him. Time to offload him.

And I’d still have Brunt on the bench. We may yet be reliant on his dead ball skills to create more than we are creating right now.
I agree with all of this, Prag. I'd have Barry on the bench as well. Yes his legs have gone, but he can pick a pass.

Livermore is the same as Phillips. Takes too long to get up to speed.
(06-27-2020, 09:01 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I agree with all of this, Prag. I'd have Barry on the bench as well. Yes his legs have gone, but he can pick a pass.

Livermore is the same as Phillips. Takes to long to get up to speed.
If fit Grosicki has to start simple as that.
(06-27-2020, 09:47 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 09:01 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I agree with all of this, Prag. I'd have Barry on the bench as well. Yes his legs have gone, but he can pick a pass.

If fit Grosicki has to start simple as that.
He has to be a better option, and give us some pace.

I hope Diangana finds some form, because he creates room for Perrera

At this level, it's disgraceful that we have to accept that two of our players (and everyone can name them) are so unfit that they can't be relied upon to last a full match.
(06-27-2020, 08:16 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Zahore is about as effective as Sick Vic was.

He's in the Anichebe, Luke Moore, De Freitas bracket. Has the physique and talent. Just not the desire/heart/confidence whatever is it that held the others back too.