Zohore and Austin
Probably what we spunked on Zohore, Austin and the loan costs of Grosiki and Robinson we could have had Gayle and more.
(06-27-2020, 01:38 PM)billybassett Wrote: Probably what we spunked on Zohore, Austin  and the loan costs of Grosiki and Robinson we could have had Gayle and more.

Our upturn in form coincided with Robinson coming into the team. We hadn't won in 7, then he signed and we won 5 and drew 1 of the next 6.
(06-27-2020, 01:38 PM)billybassett Wrote: Probably what we spunked on Zohore, Austin  and the loan costs of Grosiki and Robinson we could have had Gayle and more.

We bought Grosicki
Austin needs a run. He was scoring early on when he was splitting time with HRK. He really hasn't played much at all in the past 6 matches, except for the occasional "get on in the 80th minute and make something happen" appearance. HRK isn't a striker, Zahore is useless, its time to give Austin a real chance
(06-27-2020, 12:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We could have had Gayle for a similar price for what we paid for those 2.

I didn't think he wanted to come?

I still think we go up but the work we have to do to that squad to make it effective and competitive is scary.

You’ve answered your question, that’s why we brought Austin, last minute dot com when Gayle turned us down, we didn’t really have a plan B as we expected Gayle to come

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(06-27-2020, 12:05 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Seriously, why was so much money spunked on these two?

Austin was never going to fit into the system Bilic wanted to play, so why buy him? He was training with the Southampton youth for a reason. Except for his appearance away to Blues, I struggle to think of another time where he played well. 

I bet Cardiff couldn't stop laughing when we made an offer for Zohore. He's one of the worst strikers we've had for a long while. Heart of a pea.

I feel we made some good signings in the Summer in terms of defence and midfield but in the strikers department we massively fucked up.

Zohore's goals got Cardiff promoted and earned them 120m plus parachute payments.  4m is nothing.  He needs a manager who believes in him as Warnock did - Bilic doesn't as he's only started 6 games (14 app. from the bench) and yet has the highest scoring ratio - 5 goals.  

Austin also hasn't started many games but has scored 9 in 17 starts (14 app from bench).  

Both of their stats are better than Kanu and had either started as many games, would have scored more than Kanu's 10 in 23 starts (14 from bench).
(06-27-2020, 02:22 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We could have had Gayle for a similar price for what we paid for those 2.

I still think we go up but the work we have to do to that squad to make it effective and competitive is scary.

You’ve answered your question, that’s why we brought Austin, last minute dot com when Gayle turned us down, we didn’t really have a plan B as we expected Gayle to come

Cuzer

Surely, if we signed Austin when Gayle didn't come we must have had a Plan B?
That lad who is on loan for Northampton would run around more than those two. Can we get him back after the final and play him?
(06-27-2020, 05:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Cuzer

It amazes me the number of posters who are intimately acquainted with the inner workings of the Albion. They are fully conversant with the highly sensitive financial state of the business. Are privy up to all conversations within the boardroom and between current players, prospective acquisitions and their agents and managers. They know the inner mind and thought processes of each and every member of staff. Are able to elucidate the contingency plans, or lack of, for the evolution or re building of the squad. 
I am at a loss as to why the owner hasn’t replaced Mr. Jenkins with co operative think tank garnered from this bored.
(06-27-2020, 05:27 PM)JOK Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 05:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Cuzer

It amazes me the number of posters who are intimately acquainted with the inner workings of the Albion. They are fully conversant with the highly sensitive financial state of the business. Are privy up to all conversations within the boardroom and between current players, prospective acquisitions and their agents and managers. They know the inner mind and thought processes of each and every member of staff. Are able to elucidate the contingency plans, or lack of, for the evolution or re building of the squad. 
I am at a loss as to why the owner hasn’t replaced Mr. Jenkins with co operative think tank garnered from this bored.
I'm glad you've upped the font size. I can finally read what you say. Smile