Best intro
(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)TR 675 Wrote: The Stooges. I Wanna Be Your Dog.
Sounds like working in Tipton foundary

Good shout.
I'd add the extended live intro version of Pixies' Gouge Away and T-Rex's era-defining 20th Century Boy to the list.
The Members - Sound Of The Suburbs
Great thread this.

Big Country are certainly well appreciated.
Street Life - Crusaders & Randy Crawford
Best ? Hmmmm.......so debateable, but tapping into the mood on here, half a dozen suggestions ....
Baba o' Riley - The Who
Tinseltown in the Rain - The Blue Nile
Making Plans For Nigel. - XTC
New Gold Dream - Simple Minds
Baket Street - Gerry Rafferty
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica
chasetownbaggie Wrote:Surprised there's been no mention of Teen Spirit or Blue Monday yet.

I'm a massive Wedding Present fan and always felt Gedge was great at writing intros and outros. Favourite intro probably My Favourite Dress

Ditto mate and too many to chose from!
Brassneck, Kennedy, Take me, Dalliance - to name a few!

Interesting trivia - Gedgie told me that Brassneck was originally going to be called Batman!
All right now. Free
Layla. Eric Clapton
The Chain. Fleetwood Mac
Hotel California Eagles
Papa was a rolling stone. Temptations

This just has such a recognisable (and much sampled) intro. Possibly my favourite Long Song.
(08-31-2020, 07:53 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
chasetownbaggie Wrote:Surprised there's been no mention of Teen Spirit or Blue Monday yet.

I'm a massive Wedding Present fan and always felt Gedge was great at writing intros and outros. Favourite intro probably My Favourite Dress

Ditto mate and too many to chose from!
Brassneck, Kennedy, Take me, Dalliance - to name a few!

Interesting trivia - Gedgie told me that Brassneck was originally going to be called Batman!

I know another Albion supporting WP fan (and Batman fan) who'll love to know that. Smile

Did you catch From The Edge Of The Sofa virtual fest? Some really good moments on there. I recommend the stripped back songs the WP did - the videos are on their youtube channel WP TV. 'Crawl' and 'Granadaland' are fabulous.