Mike Tyson
(11-28-2020, 02:41 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Louis, Clayli, Holmes, Marciano, Foreman.

Had all the above plus many more on the wall in our old office, photos of them that is.

Tyson didn't make the photo cut and would probably only scrape into my heavyweight all time top ten.

The Dingle twat.

Add Lennox to that list. I'd put Tyson at 10 and that's being kind.
baggiebloke Wrote:Louis, Clayli, Holmes, Marciano, Foreman.

Had all the above plus many more on the wall in our old office, photos of them that is.

Tyson didn't make the photo cut and would probably only scrape into my heavyweight all time top ten.

The Dingle twat.

This. (Well much of it)! 
 Ali, for me. Me Dad changed his no 1 from Marciano to Ali and me Grandad had Ali as 2nd only to Joe Louis. As boxing champs go, he was certainly the best poet.
(11-28-2020, 02:51 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
baggiebloke Wrote:Louis, Clayli, Holmes, Marciano, Foreman.

The Dingle twat.

This. (Well much of it)! 
 Ali, for me. Me Dad changed his no 1 from Marciano to Ali and me Grandad had Ali as 2nd only to Joe Louis. As boxing champs go, he was certainly the best poet.

Tyson was a fantastic boxer when he made his way to the heavy weight title and seemed unbeatable, but when he lost Kevin Rooney as a trainer and went in with Don King, he was never the same fighter after. He could've been classed as one of the greatest if not the greatest until his decline under Don King.
Tyson would have destroyed Ali. Ali used to use the ropes and take a lot of punches to the gloves in order to tire an opponent. Tyson threw lots of punches to the body to bring an opponent’s guard down to expose their face and head.

Tyson had power, speed, mobility, aggression and something a lot of heavy weights don’t have, a high proportion of his punches landed. For me he is the best heavy weight boxer I’ve seen.
Lennox Lewis for me an absolute beast only lost when he was half hearted when he was on his game he was unbeatable....
(11-28-2020, 01:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Anyone else watching this tomorrow morning?

I know it’s only 8 rounds of 2 mins each and supposedly an “exhibition” fight, but it’d be great to see him in the ring again.  The best heavy weight boxer of all time IMO.

Nope.

Complete waste of time and money.
(11-28-2020, 05:02 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Lennox Lewis for me an absolute beast only lost when he was half hearted when he was on his game he was unbeatable....

You’d never see Tyson dance around a ring and throw a couple of jabs for the first few rounds though.  Tyson would go straight into an opponent from the first bell.

(11-28-2020, 05:08 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Anyone else watching this tomorrow morning?

I know it’s only 8 rounds of 2 mins each and supposedly an “exhibition” fight, but it’d be great to see him in the ring again.  The best heavy weight boxer of all time IMO.

Nope.

Complete waste of time and money.

Only if people pay the £20. 

I will go to bed early and set my alarm.
Marciano's record needs looking into in detail...

Walcott was already 37 when he won the title from Ezzard Charles; pushing 39 when he lost it to Marciano. After the rematch with Walcott Marciano fought an, at most, moderate contender in Roland LaStarza and then had two fights with Ezzard Charles - one of which he won on a very controversial decision. Charles had lost the title to Walcott four years previously and was only ever really a light-heavyweight.

He then fought Don Cockell - another blown-up light heavy, who had previously been knocked out by Randolph Turpin in a British Title fight at that weight; Cockell had however also beaten LaStarza, which might be indicative of something. Marciano's final defence was against Archie Moore - a 39 year old light-heavyweight. Arguably the greatest light-heavyweight in history, but never really a heavyweight.
Dubois - Joyce the only fight to watch tonight.
(11-28-2020, 01:26 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:23 PM)Supamart Wrote:

I’d like to FF, but do you know what channel it’s on ? I’m guessing it will be about 03.00, so enough time to get over another Albeyun defeat !

They reckon between 4-5am start.

It’s on PPV

Fuck that.