Durham
(05-24-2020, 07:18 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 09:48 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 08:28 PM)baggy1 Wrote: What you will see come out of this is that he simply doesn’t care what you think. If that doesn’t tell you more than anything about this government then nothing will.

Time to wake up folks

Johnson is nothing without Cummings and he knows it, his awful cabinet knows it and those in the media still trying to defend the indefensible know it. They have bent the rules that others have had to abide by to protect one person at the risk of undermining trust in the entire government and scientific advice. Strange as very worrying times we live in.

It's a hard one derek for me was into un ethical of course it was but if he thought it was the best action for the safety of his child it's a no brainer.......you and me would do the same ...would you want the sack from your job for protecting your family I suspect no .......it looks bad but if he thought it was the best for his family who are we to pass judgement.

How is potentially exposing elderly people to Covid-19, on top of any other people you encounter on your 260 mile journey, as well as heading to a town for a jolly 30 miles away from where you're supposedly "isolating" protecting your family?

His wife has family in London, I'm sure he or his wife have friends in London or the South East that could have helped with shopping. His wife's recant of Cumming's illness in her Spectator column made it out that she wasn't severely impacted and was able to support Cummings and their son. It is, quite frankly, pure selfishness and the fact that many people in this country heeded to the guidelines and isolated themselves while he ignored them is quite frankly rage inducing.
(05-23-2020, 08:28 PM)baggy1 Wrote: What you will see come out of this is that he simply doesn’t care what you think. If that doesn’t tell you more than anything about this government then nothing will.

Time to wake up folks

Johnson is nothing without Cummings and he knows it, his awful cabinet knows it and those in the media still trying to defend the indefensible know it. They have bent the rules that others have had to abide by to protect one person at the risk of undermining trust in the entire government and scientific advice. Strange as very worrying times we live in.

It's a hard one derek for me was into un ethical of course it was but if he thought it was the best action for the safety of his child it's a no brainer.......you and me would do the same ...would you want the sack from your job for protecting your family I suspect no .......it looks bad but if he thought it was the best for his family who are we to pass judgement.

How are you still believing them? Seriously Liq.

They are eroding trust in democracy and haven’t once shown any regret or admitted they have done / got anything wrong. Most of them since 2016. Put aside the nonsense about ‘winning’ and recognise they are alienating millions of people and many feel insulted.
I know its morally wrong but would you in honestly do the same if you thought it was the safest thing .....take your political goggles off because I'm seeing through as a parent not nothing political...

(05-24-2020, 07:25 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

Time to wake up folks

How is potentially exposing elderly people to Covid-19, on top of any other people you encounter on your 260 mile journey, as well as heading to a town for a jolly 30 miles away from where you're supposedly "isolating" protecting your family?

His wife has family in London, I'm sure he or his wife have friends in London or the South East that could have helped with shopping. His wife's recant of Cumming's illness in her Spectator column made it out that she wasn't severely impacted and was able to support Cummings and their son. It is, quite frankly, pure selfishness and the fact that many people in this country heeded to the guidelines and isolated themselves while he ignored them is quite frankly rage inducing.

What IF they had both gone down with it bad ?......I think I've read they was in a separate building on a farm who looks after the child then ......its up to the parent who they want to look after him ......take your political glasses off its then easier to look at

(05-24-2020, 07:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Time to wake up folks

How are you still believing this bullshit? Seriously Liq they are taking the piss.

They are eroding trust in democracy and haven’t once shown any regret or admitted they have done / got anything wrong. Most of them since 2016.

Dont even go down the road with democracy  on how everyone tried to stop it .....that ship has long  sailed
Liq - could be have asked family and friends in London to look after their child. The kid is an excuse for a jolly. If you cannot care for your child how can you drive for 4 hours.
(05-24-2020, 07:33 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I know its morally wrong but would you in honestly do the same if you thought it was the safest thing .....take your political goggles off because I'm seeing through as a parent not nothing political...

(05-24-2020, 07:25 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

Time to wake up folks

What IF they had both gone down with it bad ?......I think I've read they was in a separate building on a farm who looks after the child then ......its up to the parent who they want to look after him ......take your political glasses off its then easier to look at

(05-24-2020, 07:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Time to wake up folks

How are you still believing this bullshit? Seriously Liq they are taking the piss.

They are eroding trust in democracy and haven’t once shown any regret or admitted they have done / got anything wrong. Most of them since 2016.

Dont even go down the road with democracy  on how everyone tried to stop it .....that ship has long  sailed

Ok carry on ‘believing’.
No, I can categorically say that I wouldn't because what Cummings did was, to put it politely, stupid and I feel I have enough common sense to know that if I were to do what he did then I would be putting people at risk. What IF they had passed it on onto Cummings' elderly parents and they ended up passing away because of it? What IF I gave it to a poor worker at the services who passed it onto someone who passed away. Politics doesn't come into it, what Cummings did is indefensible, selfish and pathetic. He was also seen going for a jolly 30 miles away from his parents house with the lockdown enforced, that's not confining yourself in lockdown is it? As I said, his wife has family in London and they surely have friends in the immediate area who could have done shopping or other odd jobs for them without the need to travel 260 miles North.

Politics has nothing to do with this, Cummings was selfish and acted like a twat, end of. Frankly I'm disgusted at people politicising kids as an excuse for reckless behaviour.
Man persists with defence of Dominic Cummings...

[Image: VjlmK2fqJUIylXwChx7RUmqJ86WvCAzFFiYCbPcl...O579flDUwQ]
If you're a lawmaker/policymaker you should be prepared to follow your own regulations/policy. But, by all means, let him stay on with Boris as a reminder of the exclusive entitlement culture at the top table. He's more useful there.
This is the biggest insult the goverment could give to people who were not able to see their dying loved ones. The contempt shown is off the charts. This will come back to bite them and deservedly so.
The peasants are finally revolting ...

https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1264641858585714689