England V Holland 96
Best England performance?

Baggies fans in away top shown cheering in crowd after Shearers second goal.
(05-20-2020, 07:51 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Best England performance?

Baggies fans in away top shown cheering in crowd after Shearers second goal.
My bro was there. Says it was one of the best days he 's ever had.
Never know may have been him!

To be fair Sheringham was class that game worked well playing off Shearer, he defended looked a complete player.
Probably England's best tournament performance but best competitive performance was that 5-1 v Germans
Great memories. i was living in London at the time and was at Trafalgar Sq the day we beat Scotland and Gazza got that goal. Wow almost quarter of a century ago!
(05-20-2020, 08:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Great memories. i was living in London at the time and was at Trafalgar Sq the day we beat Scotland and Gazza got that goal. Wow almost quarter of a century ago!

seems like yesterday....I think most england fans remember that goal and where they were at the time.
My first memory of football is Euro 96.

Big reason I fell in love with football I reckon.

That victory over Holland is up there with 1-5 in Germany.
I was lucky enough to be there, amazing night. Been to many England games , close second to the 1-5 in Munich for me.
Think the 2-0 v Brazil in Brazil in 84 is right up there too.
Living in SA and there were a couple of Dutch guys at the hostel I worked in, they had been on to me all week about the game saying, "are you scared yet?"
Went to a sports bar with them to watch it and wasn't at all confident - but then!!!!
Needless to say - a few ales were supped!!  Big Grin