Home schooling in lockdown - views needed
(05-06-2020, 06:56 PM)chengdu_albion Wrote: I'm a primary school teacher (in the South East - most kids have barely heard of the Albion).......

As a teacher located in the south east you are ideally located to furnish the children of the south east with knowledge of all things Albion, and not the plastic one on the coast either. You need to up your game fella, must do better..... Big Grin   Wink  .
I'm a primary school teacher using seesaw and teams daily. Activities are done by about 70% of kids to some extent although limited get redone if I send back suggestions or corrections to improve work. At the start had fairly regular communication with parents but lately it's like getting blood out of stone hearing any reply from them. I understand people have to go to work but once a week of show me what you've done at school would go a long way to helping. 

If teachers on here have sources for materials or programs that they recommend can you share them? Mine are mostly aimed at primary school. They're all free or free whilst homeschooling is going on

Seesaw. Online portfolio and task assignment
Brainpop. Amazing. Great for everything. Can't recommend it enough. 
Readworks. Differentiated reading materials from nursery - year 11. 
NoRedInk. Online writing / grammar tool. 
Khan Academy. Similar to brainpop more instructional videos.
(05-07-2020, 11:58 AM)BeijingBaggie Wrote: I'm a primary school teacher using seesaw and teams daily. Activities are done by about 70% of kids to some extent although limited get redone if I send back suggestions or corrections to improve work. At the start had fairly regular communication with parents but lately it's like getting blood out of stone hearing any reply from them. I understand people have to go to work but once a week of show me what you've done at school would go a long way to helping. 

If teachers on here have sources for materials or programs that they recommend can you share them? Mine are mostly aimed at primary school. They're all free or free whilst homeschooling is going on

Seesaw. Online portfolio and task assignment
Brainpop. Amazing. Great for everything. Can't recommend it enough. 
Readworks. Differentiated reading materials from nursery - year 11. 
NoRedInk. Online writing / grammar tool. 
Khan Academy. Similar to brainpop more instructional videos.
 From what I can see, 'redink' isn't free for the whole lesson, just part of it.

Thanks for the others, though!
Yeah you're right about that actually but there's a lot of stuff on there that is free... it is probably better for ESL learners but doesn't hurt others though.
Mine are key worker kids but my partner is on mat leave so we have kept them at home . Bite size . Purple mash portals and various worksheets. Approx 3 hours of work . It’s tough been an educator! Harder than nursing. Anyways it seem the kids that are in school arnt doing a great deal it seems . At primary anyways .
(05-07-2020, 10:59 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 06:56 PM)chengdu_albion Wrote: I'm a primary school teacher (in the South East - most kids have barely heard of the Albion).......

As a teacher located in the south east you are ideally located to furnish the children of the south east with knowledge of all things Albion, and not the plastic one on the coast either. You need to up your game fella, must do better..... Big Grin   Wink  .

Big Grin  I do try, but in Kent the majority support Liverpool/Spurs/one of the Manchester clubs... I do however have an Albion water bottle I drink from throughout the day, occasionally wear my Albion shirt on PE days, and  often discuss results on Monday. I reckon I'm getting through to a few of them...