UK Covid death toll
It’s not difficult to understand why cases are increasing. It is because there are tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people ignoring the measures to prevent it spreading. There are  numerous reports of illegal house parties, street parties, raves, pubs with no distancing measures  etc. All, I would suggest, attended by younger types who are not liable to require hospital treatment. 
I had the grave misfortune to have to go into Walsall on Sunday and the great displeasure of standing outside Poundland for ten minutes or so. I witnessed over thirty ( I started counting after a couple minutes) people enter that shop without putting a mask on, before or after entering. That’s not counting the tits who can’t wear a mask correctly and just park it loosely over their mouth. (Even saw two bus drivers so attired) Again, all these selfish morons were under about 35. Not all of them can be exempt.
The mood amongst some is “it doe affect me om gunna goo around normal like”,  not giving a tinker’s cuss that the older population and those at risk or caring for those at risk, would like their lives back to normal sooner rather than later and their selfish behaviour is Increasingly delaying when that day can come.
Too true JOK - its the same everywhere. I have no idea why people simply can't wear a mask correctly, it really isn't something that would make anyone think they can't breath. The sooner people take that small step the sooner we can get back to normal. There seems to be a 'protest' against being told what to do, but they don't realise that it isn't the government they are protesting against, it's mother nature.
Anyone who doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t adhere to basic distancing rules is a selfish tnuc. Yes there are a small minority of exceptions but most are simply selfish and deliberately antagonistic. Sadly this country has a lot of them and it has confirmed to me this country is circling the drain on so many levels.

Went for a walk with the family this week and had the misfortune to read graffiti saying and I quote ‘Fake Virus’ and ‘No ffing Poison Vaccine’ One the graffiti was awful (learn to do it properly) and secondly where are they getting this nonsensical information from? Clearly they are reading / watching conspiracy theory weirdos on social media. Or getting second hand information from their not so bright friends and family.
(09-08-2020, 11:19 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Anyone who doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t adhere to basic distancing rules is a selfish tnuc. Yes there are a small minority of exceptions but most are simply selfish and deliberately antagonistic. Sadly this country has a lot of them and it has confirmed to me this country is circling the drain on so many levels.

Went for a walk with the family this week and had the misfortune to read graffiti saying and I quote ‘Fake Virus’ and ‘No ffing Poison Vaccine’ One the graffiti was awful (learn to do it properly) and secondly where are they getting this nonsensical information from? Clearly they are reading / watching conspiracy theory weirdos on social media. Or getting second hand information from their not so bright friends and family.

I assume you mean in shops/museums etc and not whenever you are out and about?

Did you wear a mask in shops before 24th July?
(09-08-2020, 11:33 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 11:19 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Anyone who doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t adhere to basic distancing rules is a selfish tnuc. Yes there are a small minority of exceptions but most are simply selfish and deliberately antagonistic. Sadly this country has a lot of them and it has confirmed to me this country is circling the drain on so many levels.

I know you are aiming that at Dekka but I have been wearing a mask in shops since March if that gives you any view on things. Since we've known about this and especially since lockdown its just been common sense to wear them. I didn't need to wait for Johnson to proclaim that we had to. Was 24th July when it became mandatory?

I ordered online and on the rare occasion before this we went to the shops yes we did. If you’re in a shop or public building just wear a mask and socially distance. The idea you’re a libertarian, harder, braver, bigger, fitter, better, more informed, cleverer delete as appropriate if don’t isn’t the case.
(09-08-2020, 11:41 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

I know you are aiming that at Dekka but I have been wearing a mask in shops since March if that gives you any view on things. Since we've known about this and especially since lockdown its just been common sense to wear them. I didn't need to wait for Johnson to proclaim that we had to. Was 24th July when it became mandatory?

Yes - mandatory in shops from 24th July and then a slightly later date for museums etc I believe.

I can honestly say that I have only been in one shop since lockdown and that was only to grab a click and collect which took 2 minutes so I don't have any real experience to speak of. I did have a mask on to do this.

To be fair I was playing devils advocate in asking the question because I was interested in the reasoning as to 'why' people are making statements regarding mask wearing. Are they now wearing one themselves because of the compulsory ruling or are they choosing to wear one because it is their preference as in your case? If it is due to the ruling then would they be wearing one if they lived in Wales for example where no such rule exists?

It is a confusing issue if 'we are following the science' when two countries separated by a road sign are operating different rules. Are they listening to the same scientists or are they interpreting the guidance differently?
Agreed on that BB, it all seems a bit random at times - I've yet to hear a good argument for not wearing one but that doesn't stop people arguing against them for some reason. My view is if they don't do anything then I'm not doing any damage by wearing one because they might help. My company provided some early doors which was useful as they became like gold dust at one stage so hat helped my decision as well.
It seems totally random at times.

I know we have discussed this before but I still think that these 'bubbles' at school are as mythical as the Loch Ness Monster. I don't know a single child that 'only goes to school and only mixes with classmates'. Even if they did then surely the bubble is made up of their entire family and any additional work colleagues of their parents etc. I know that they can isolate a class if a case is found but where do you take it from there?

Maybe I am the worst parent on the planet but here is a genuine account of yesterday. My son went back to secondary school and within 10 minutes of getting home went round to a friends who is not only in a different class but also in a different year. He came back home and then we all piled into the car to take my younger (primary school age) son to play a football match where not a single member of his team goes to the same school as him. In fact from the 12 lads in the squad I believe that they are from 8 or 9 different schools. Of course a number of these lads also had younger siblings there who were all playing together on the sidelines. There were also around 5 sets of grandparents watching too. So in one day the potential for the spreading of a virus is there for all to see. I appreciate that you can put all of the blame for that on me but like a lot of parents I don't wish to remove my kids from society completely. Life must go on and we all have to take individual responsibility and make our own choices. Waiting for the Government to tell us what to do is a waste of time as they change their minds every five minutes it seems and different rules apply across different countries anyway further confusing the matter on what is 'right or wrong'.
It's reality unfortunately BB, and there is clear evidence showing that the younger adults and kids are ok, it's just the unknown with transmission that is the scary bit; and until we've been through a full year with this no-one will really know what is the outcome. It's going to be a bumpy ride but as long as people do what they can (especially getting kids to realise which is the big headache) in the meantime.