We should give a Swift a go up top
He’s decent in the air & is an good technical footballer, strong in the ball & a finisher. No way he’d have been worse than Grant yesterday 

Not doing much where he plays at the moment & in the absence of a signing, to me it’s the obvious thing to try
Did you not see his shot that he blazed over the bar?
We've signed one of the best 10s in the league and the potato in the dugout has decided to implement a 'style' (used very lightly) of play that completely bypasses him. He spent most of last nights game on the left wing getting in the way of Diangana.
(08-18-2022, 11:23 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: He’s decent in the air & is an good technical footballer, strong in the ball & a finisher. No way he’d have been worse than Grant yesterday 

Not doing much where he plays at the moment & in the absence of a signing, to me it’s the obvious thing to try

Not a bad shout. Not great pace but he does have composure. Playing Grant is like being down to 10 men
Being brutally honest 
We should give him a go on the bench
Add this to the desperate measures posts
Which manager said we could play Phillips up top? All I know is he's not our manager anymore.
Swift needs to get closer to Grant that's for sure. He looks in no man's land at the moment and Grant can't play up top on his own.
(08-18-2022, 12:46 PM)Atomic Wrote: Swift needs to get closer to Grant that's for sure. He looks in no man's land at the moment and Grant can't play up top on his own.

+1, we should be playing through the middle with Swift, Diangana and Grant all playing reasonably close together rather than constantly pinging mediocre crosses into a nonexistent target man. Wallace can provide something different. No need for only having one gameplan per single game, half or even 5 minutes!
(08-18-2022, 12:29 PM)Slowpoke Gonzalez Wrote: Which manager said we could play Phillips up top? All I know is he's not our manager anymore.

I remember an intervew with Big Val where he reckoned Phillips could play well as a 9. Big Grin