The party of economic competence
(03-08-2024, 12:39 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 11:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote: A deserved wipeout for the Tories.

It will be an exceptionally hard term for Labour.

You should back Labour mate.  If they do well then you can say you've backed the right thing.  If they don't, then you could say that you leant them your vote and that trust was misplaced. 

It's got to be better than being Hagley's version of Russell Brand.

By backing Labour I'd be aping Russell Brand...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...be-worried

EDIT: I've always loved the fawning tone of this piece by that uttercunt Owen Jones.
(03-08-2024, 10:16 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: ? Labour lead at 28pts
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 46% (+1)
CON: 18% (-2)
REF: 13% (+1)
LDEM: 10% (-)

via @PeoplePolling
, 07 Mar
Chgs. w/ Jan

Not even gonna be In Opposition by October, mate.

The Lib Dems would be the official opposition if this happened thanks to FPTP
(03-08-2024, 01:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: The Lib Dems would be the official opposition if this happened thanks to FPTP

Is there anything specific in Labour's plans you think they'd oppose? Genuine question.
(03-08-2024, 01:07 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 01:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: The Lib Dems would be the official opposition if this happened thanks to FPTP

Is there anything specific in Labour's plans you think they'd oppose? Genuine question.

Curbs on civil liberties
(03-08-2024, 12:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 12:39 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 11:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote: A deserved wipeout for the Tories.

It will be an exceptionally hard term for Labour.

You should back Labour mate.  If they do well then you can say you've backed the right thing.  If they don't, then you could say that you leant them your vote and that trust was misplaced. 

It's got to be better than being Hagley's version of Russell Brand.

By backing Labour I'd be aping Russell Brand...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...be-worried

EDIT: I've always loved the fawning tone of this piece by that uttercunt Owen Jones.

Last time I checked, Wolfie Smith was to the left of Owen Jones.  Maybe the horseshoe theory is right after all...
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(03-08-2024, 01:41 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Curbs on civil liberties

Enlighten me, I wasn't aware Labour were proposing any?

Do you think the Lib Dems will go the full gun on rejoining the EU to put pressure on Starmer?
(03-08-2024, 02:43 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 01:41 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Curbs on civil liberties

Enlighten me, I wasn't aware Labour were proposing any?

Do you think the Lib Dems will go the full gun on rejoining the EU to put pressure on Starmer?

One of the few things Labour have pledged to do and not reneged on is further tightening access to content rights in Online Safety Bill, alleging that the bill was gutted and was weak. The Lib Dems were the only party (alongside crossbench peers) actually bothering to scrutinise that stupid bill. I would consider that a proposal, and Labour's track record on civil liberties and digital rights is on par with the Tories a.k.a. shite. Without knowing what Labour's policies will be it's hard to know how they will scrutinise at this moment.

The Lib Dem position on the EU is to rejoin the single market, given Labour don't even want to do that I reckon single market membership will come up quite extensively were the Lib Dems to be the official opposition. Any further tightening of that to rejoining the EU requires the members to vote for it to change the Lib Dem constitution. I would also imagine voting reform, constitutional reform, fair tax reform (LVTs, local income taxes in place of business rates, council tax and National Insurance) to be other things that would be opposed. Much better than the pathetic failures of Howard and IDS to be the the Leader of the Opposition.