On the pitch! On the pitch! On the pitch!
well done to the fans
Wow, you can see why our absent owner thinks he can take the piss and get away with it. Imagine having a go at the fans.

There's always a small amount of idiots at protests sadly but I applaud the majority for stopping the game and making a stand.
(05-02-2021, 04:44 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Don’t really know what to think. Or whether or not to even care.

Protest is great, fan power is great, but if allegations of damage to cameras and equipment etc. is correct as reported then it’s probably a step too far; and at that point (just as in Bristol) then becomes counterproductive.

There’s also an irony in all of this that these very supporters and the club that they purport to love didn’t think so badly of commercial interest and franchising when they broke away and formed the cabal they dominated through much of the 90s and the decade that followed, and still sit where they sit today largely on the back of the successful financial result of that. Plus, I’ll never forget the trouble they caused at our place on the A41 in the return fixture of the 2002/03 season in retaliation to the utterly idiotic ‘Yam yam’ chant. Not really a game anymore, is it?
That’s exactly my thoughts too.

A lot of these fans weren’t born then and won’t see the hypocrisy in their actions.
(05-02-2021, 04:32 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: https://twitter.com/6thiagoat/status/138...65123?s=21

Reminds me of the Dingle on the roof at Scarborough.
Our owner doesn't care enough to take the piss. Any fan protest would be ridiculous given he wants out anyway.
A proper protest.

There’d be about 10 of our lot outside Maccies with misspelled, pissy bedsheets if it was us.
(05-02-2021, 04:44 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Don’t really know what to think. Or whether or not to even care.

Protest is great, fan power is great, but if allegations of damage to cameras and equipment etc. is correct as reported then it’s probably a step too far; and at that point (just as in Bristol) then becomes counterproductive.

There’s also an irony in all of this that these very supporters and the club that they purport to love didn’t think so badly of commercial interest and franchising when they broke away and formed the cabal they dominated through much of the 90s and the decade that followed, and still sit where they sit today largely on the back of the successful financial result of that. Plus, I’ll never forget the trouble they caused at our place on the A41 in the return fixture of the 2002/03 season in retaliation to the utterly idiotic ‘Yam yam’ chant. Not really a game anymore, is it?

I agree.

It was quite feisty after the OT match following the YamYam planes thing.

I mean, what the fuck? Some of their lot were fucking mad about that.
They have no power - all those fans in Asia etc. will still keep spending no matter what their STers do.
(05-02-2021, 05:09 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 04:32 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: https://twitter.com/6thiagoat/status/138...65123?s=21

Reminds me of the Dingle on the roof at Scarborough.

42 seconds in...

https://www.google.com/search?q=wolves+s...TJphQ,st:0 
(04-09-2021, 06:30 PM)Offside Wrote: Is that a bike?

A whole universe exists of which I have no knowledge.
(05-02-2021, 05:12 PM)Dumbo Wrote: A proper protest.

There’d be about 10 of our lot outside Maccies with misspelled, pissy bedsheets if it was us.

Sounds similar to the protest when Irvine was appointed.