talksport 11.10
(09-20-2023, 08:57 AM)NewWanker Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 08:46 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 08:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: What is A4A trying to achieve now? I honestly don't mean that in a derogatory "what's the point of them?" kind of way, but we know that Lai and co want out and the club is actively up for sale. So what is left for A4A to do? What can be done now beyond waiting for a sale?

maybe to keep it in the news and try and change legislation

Serious question, what legislation are they trying to get changed? Only seen stuff about them wanting Lai out etc...

It is already in process - Independent regulator. People said it was all a waste of time and still do but reality is a lot has been achieved in 11 months.

A lot more than people tapping on keyboards, for sure

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...rom-fears/
Someone could have been killed
(09-20-2023, 09:20 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Haven’t we established there are interested parties but talks are still ongoing? That’s not the same as people aren’t interested.

Apologies I should have said genuine parties.
(09-20-2023, 09:20 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Haven’t we established there are interested parties but talks are still ongoing? That’s not the same as people aren’t interested.

Correct Dek, it says so in the Perce's article.

"West Brom’s unpopular owner Guochuan Lai is now battling to find a buyer for the club before the end of the year, to prevent Corberan’s squad from being decimated further.

WBA Group director Xu Ke is leading the sale process, and talks with some parties have been held in-person. West Brom has been made available for between £50-60 million, but at this stage there are no parties close to entering due diligence". 
I take my hat off to Ali and the rest of A4A.

The amount of time spent at great cost in raising awareness of our situation should be admired. 

And yet, they get abuse. From our own fucking "fans".
(09-20-2023, 09:44 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

"West Brom’s unpopular owner Guochuan Lai is now battling to find a buyer for the club before the end of the year, to prevent Corberan’s squad from being decimated further.

WBA Group director Xu Ke is leading the sale process, and talks with some parties have been held in-person. West Brom has been made available for between £50-60 million, but at this stage there are no parties close to entering due diligence". 

So that's basically "some interest but no serious interest yet".
(09-20-2023, 09:45 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I take my hat off to Ali and the rest of A4A.

The amount of time spent at great cost in raising awareness of our situation should be admired. 

Indeed.
(09-20-2023, 09:45 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I take my hat off to Ali and the rest of A4A.

+1

The fuckers will be calling for Carlos to be sacked next.  FFS

Even if it doesn’t end up directly benefiting us per se it’s good to see people highlighting what deficiencies there are in this multi-billion industry which has intrinsic ties to communities and get rid of the rogues and low lives that profiteer from it.
(09-20-2023, 09:46 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 09:44 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

So that's basically "some interest but no serious interest yet".

It doesn’t say that though, it just means they haven’t got to the due diligence stage. That’s not the same as not serious.
(09-20-2023, 10:19 AM)Fido Wrote:

Even if it doesn’t end up directly benefiting us per se it’s good to see people highlighting what deficiencies there are in this multi-billion industry which has intrinsic ties to communities and get rid of the rogues and low lives that profiteer from it.

Can you explain to me how buying an asset for c£150M, and selling it for c£50M makes you a profit?

All I'll say about A4A is that they are now far more professional in how they are handling matters. Having a few hundred people running down Halfords Lane shouting "Fuck Guochan Lai" was never going to be taken seriously (or should it be). The bottom line is till they can achieve very little, though. Lai is calling the shots, until the Creditors take action.