Today
(01-13-2024, 10:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Don't disagree much with those marks. As for Blackburn, I thought they went toe to toe with us at the off and it ran them out of steam. It started at a killer pace from both sides but we punished everything and they couldn't keep up. Some truly good individual Albion performances but it was the teamwork that really impressed.  Reach/Townsend.  Darnell/Fellows.  Mowatt/Okay. Like a well oiled engine, all component parts were fluent. We got a little sloppy immediately after the 1st subs but  hitting right back after their goal killed them off.
Ref watch. I've not seen any replays yet but I thought there was an inconsistency with the yellow cards. Our two booking looked harsh and were much to do with the opposition players rolling around as if poleaxed. To then not give a card to, for example, when Chalobah was wrestled to the floor on a clear breakaway was ridiculous. Luckily we put the game out of sight and it didn't matter.

I thought the ref was steady enough overall but ridiculous inconsistency with the bookings. Chal got hit twice but no bookings. BR not short of shithousery either

Messages In This Thread
Today - by MancBaggie - 01-13-2024, 09:03 PM
RE: Today - by CaptainFantastico - 01-13-2024, 09:09 PM
RE: Today - by MancBaggie - 01-13-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: Today - by Borin' Baggie - 01-13-2024, 09:40 PM
RE: Today - by Tom Joad - 01-13-2024, 10:38 PM
RE: Today - by MancBaggie - 01-13-2024, 10:52 PM