Self Employed
(03-27-2020, 08:44 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:06 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 04:58 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 04:35 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: There should be an app called Ruck for this sort of issue in the current world.

What like Tinder? Swipe left to punch, swipe right to kick?

I'm pretty sure China/Liquidator only swipes to the right <ducks for cover> ...
Your profile would be on there 100% sweetheart Heart .

At least you're not calling me a paedo or a nonce this time, my petite bourgeois, cone laying friend ...
Dont need to you know your place
(03-27-2020, 03:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 10:33 AM)sickParrot Wrote: I dont agree that someone who has earned £150,000 for the past 3 years will get £2500 per month and yet someone who has earned £51,000 for the same period will get nothing.

They won't though will they, they'll both get £2,500, is how I read it. Or do you mean someone who has earned £51k over 3 years?

As I understand it, someone in employment on £150,000 pa will get the £2,500 per month, but someone self-employed earning £51,000 pa will get nothing. Which doesn't seem quite right. There seems to be a presumption that self-employed are a bit dodgy, therefore obviously have a huge stash somewhere, maybe in a lock-up, and a minder called Terry to sort things out for them.

What isn't clear to me is whether the "80% up to £2,500 per month" is a direct payment to the employee or a subsidy for the employer to keep said employee on the books. There's nothing in my terms of employment about sending me home on reduced or zero pay, although this does happen in our US and Canada operations.
(03-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 10:33 AM)sickParrot Wrote: I dont agree that someone who has earned £150,000 for the past 3 years will get £2500 per month and yet someone who has earned £51,000 for the same period will get nothing.

They won't though will they, they'll both get £2,500, is how I read it. Or do you mean someone who has earned £51k over 3 years?

As I understand it, someone in employment on £150,000 pa will get the £2,500 per month, but someone self-employed earning £51,000 pa will get nothing. Which doesn't seem quite right. There seems to be a presumption that self-employed are a bit dodgy, therefore obviously have a huge stash somewhere, maybe in a lock-up, and a minder called Terry to sort things out for them.

What isn't clear to me is whether the "80% up to £2,500 per month" is a direct payment to the employee or a subsidy for the employer to keep said employee on the books. There's nothing in my terms of employment about sending me home on reduced or zero pay, although this does happen in our US and Canada operations.

Yep this nonsense that freelancers are all dodging tax / cash in hand is bollocks. I know a lot of freelancers and they are honest people who pay their taxes. How many of those off work, work for companies that don’t bend the tax rules to almost breaking point?
I can only comment on experience and alot of construction employees who I know do bend the rules to their advantage . I know a few lads who have not paid a penny in tax for about 4 / 5 years and are getting £250 a shift the greedy bastards .. you reap what you sow in the end .
(03-28-2020, 08:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I can only comment on experience and alot of construction employees who I know do bend the rules to their advantage . I know a few lads who have not paid a penny in tax for about 4 / 5 years and are getting £250 a shift the greedy bastards .. you reap what you sow in the end .

YOU really want to be saying that?
(03-28-2020, 08:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

Yep this nonsense that freelancers are all dodging tax / cash in hand is bollocks. I know a lot of freelancers and they are honest people who pay their taxes. How many of those off work, work for companies that don’t bend the tax rules to almost breaking point?

This. The days of "cheaper for cash" have long gone. Cash is an inconvenience now. Everything is bank transfers with a trail to follow. There is no safety net, no bank holidays, sick pay, no tribunals. Every morning we wake up there is nothing on the scoreboard and we start from scratch. It's a hard life but I could never work for anyone now.  Those that suggest there is wholesale underhand behaviour should take comfort in that the payments are a direct reflection of the tax returns. The upper limit is fair, as I said earlier, these payments are to tide us over not make us rich.
(03-28-2020, 08:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I can only comment on experience and alot of construction employees who I know do bend the rules to their advantage . I know a few lads who have not paid a penny in tax for about 4 / 5 years and are getting £250 a shift the greedy bastards .. you reap what you sow in the end .

If they were genuine employees they’d have been taxed through PAYE. If they’re Self Employed in the Construction Industry, when they’re bragging that they’ve paid no tax they’re probably referring to not paying tax in January and July like most other self employed people. 
In reality they would have already had tax taken off the payments they received from the main Contractor (a bit like an employee under PAYE). 
Still probably doing a few undeclared ‘foreigners’ on the side mind !
No the agency they work for dont tax them they have to do it themselves I know I worked for them for 2 years .you get an accountant and he normally sorts it out..

I've worked under a umbrella company aswell it's just a tax fiddle on a weekly basis instead at the end of the year ..
(03-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: As I understand it, someone in employment on £150,000 pa will get the £2,500 per month, but someone self-employed earning £51,000 pa will get nothing. Which doesn't seem quite right. There seems to be a presumption that self-employed are a bit dodgy, therefore obviously have a huge stash somewhere, maybe in a lock-up, and a minder called Terry to sort things out for them.
Very badly thought out.

A person earning £150,000 pa paye who also has a side business earning £49,000 per year would be eligible for 2 payments. Huh

(03-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: What isn't clear to me is whether the "80% up to £2,500 per month" is a direct payment to the employee or a subsidy for the employer to keep said employee on the books. There's nothing in my terms of employment about sending me home on reduced or zero pay, although this does happen in our US and Canada operations.

The payment will go to the employer, it only applies to employees declared as furloughed.