Match thread
Watching the playbacks Furlong bal in for the winner was perfect. He looks up sees Austins run and delivers right into his path.
(12-14-2019, 02:34 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 02:32 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 02:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Whoop whoop a derby battle and 3pts.

Give the credit to the opposition

I thought Birmingham played us close to perfectly. 

If it wasn't for Austin's masterclass we wouldn't have got anything from that.

I agree. Austin was worth the £4m today that's for sure. We're so obviously still a 3 man team though, but I guess Austin is one of the 3 now (mind you the 3 is now more like 14)

Luckily Slav knows that when some of the 3 aren't playing well, he can take them off and bring on a few more of the 3.
It looks like teams have found a way to play us in this division.
Tight marking, work your socks off, close down, keep it going for 90 minutes...
Both Wigan and blues look good teams...
But we dug in and still got 4 away points.
We'm gooin up...
(12-14-2019, 02:43 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 02:34 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 02:32 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 02:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Whoop whoop a derby battle and 3pts.

Give the credit to the opposition

I thought Birmingham played us close to perfectly. 

If it wasn't for Austin's masterclass we wouldn't have got anything from that.

I agree. Austin was worth the £4m today that's for sure. We're so obviously still a 3 man team though, but I guess Austin is one of the 3 now (mind you the 3 is now more like 14)

Luckily Slav knows that when some of the 3 aren't playing well, he can take them off and bring on a few more of the 3.

Smile Maybe Slav has been doing a degree in Reminomics and his 3 is a bit larger than your or my 3 Wink Smile
Blimey, didn't see that coming at 70 mins. Had to suffer an awful display by the kids this morning and at one point the dog went out of the room with his tail between his legs expecting a punt through the patio doors. Amazing first for Austin and beautiful cross for his second. Agree with comments about the lauding of the referee. At one point Edwards made a run down the left, was been pulled and nudged all the way, was fouled at the end and still the ref didn't give it. Fair to say some of the passing through the middle of the park was terrible and a bit nervy at the back but you take the luck when it comes your way, I guess.
(12-14-2019, 02:44 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: It looks like teams have found a way to play us in this division.
Tight marking, work your socks off, close down, keep it going for 90 minutes...
Both Wigan and blues look good teams...
But we dug in and still got 4 away points.
We'm gooin up...

Was impressed with Blues today. They will be gutted not to take anything from that game. But they are historically a team we tend to beat.
How on earth did we win that? Who cares. Austin is worth his weight in gold. 49 points and not halfway yet. Hats off to Slav.
Blues surprised me. They were up for the game but were let down by their finishing. No doubt that Austin's substitution was a masterstroke by Slav and that first goal of his was an absolutely brilliant strike. Not sure we deserved it, but its about grinding out results, well done lads. I much prefer the side when Furlong is on the right and Ferguson is on the left as we seem to have a more attacking edge. Furlongs cross for the 3rd was absolutely pin point perfect.
Keep it going lads. Your bitching and whining is hilarious ffs. Stats don't lie. We're fuckin' great. The stink of piss is a good luck charm.
(12-14-2019, 02:58 PM)dublinalbion Wrote:  49 points and not halfway yet. 

HBW likes this