Bristol city forum match report
(11-28-2019, 08:12 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: We can all be one eyed but bloody hell: 

Headline - Match Report: Usual WBA thrashing owes more to LJ than superiority

some choice comments:

"The Baggies might have gone back top with their one sided victory but today it owed much more to an inept away side, than any real advantage". 

"City have lost at the Hawthorns to better West Brom teams over the years, even as recently as last year"

" a more average Baggies side than normal "

At the risk of sounding cliche, were they watching the same game?! 

We were fantastic and marmalised them. We are also a vastly superior side to last year. 

Every game I tend to have a mooch at other fans forums and it's always "oh WBA weren't all that" which you can usually put down to sour grapes but to say that we were anything less than great last night  warrants sectioning

Deluded thick twats.  Absolutely battered them, should have been 6/7.
When your team isn’t performing as you know they can. It’s sometimes down to the ability of the other team that arent allowing you to play. Can be difficult to see but at the moment we seem shut down teams with technical ability and work rate and we seem to adapt it to the strengths of the team in front of us. It doesnt always mean we overrun teams but we have the game under control. This is why teams currently may not see us a superior.
The adaptation comes from Slav. Took us 10-15 mins in 1st half to settle and similar in the second half after they made substitutions.
Also explains why we tend to concede early in games but come on strong at the end.
It’s probably worth pointing out that whenever we lose the reaction on here is usually around our own perceived deficiencies rather than actually giving the opposition any credit.

Looks like standard forum stuff to me (except the racist bit, obviously)
(11-28-2019, 09:14 AM)tiptontown Wrote: I'm a bit puzzled what some people were watching last night. I thought we were superb. Our passing and movement is the best I've seen for a while.
We weathered the storm well just after half time and had the better of the half after that.
Although there was a question mark about our last two goals being offside I certainly didn't think 4-1 flattered us.

Same
Odd how Lee Johnson has been blamed for last nights loss. IMO he has done a great job at BC.
His substitutions were strange and did not achieve what he wanted.
We are just as fickle, when the opposition score great goals we search for someone to blame.
Lets hope we make all the good teams look rubbish and keep taking the points.
(11-28-2019, 03:19 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Odd how Lee Johnson has been blamed for last nights loss. IMO he has done a great job at BC.
We are just as fickle, when the opposition score great goals we search for someone to blame.

I think his subs at HT worked if I'm honest... Deidou caused us problems to begin with, and for the first 10mins of the second half they brought the game to us, but we adjusted and showed our superior quality.
(11-28-2019, 03:09 PM)Duffers Wrote: It’s probably worth pointing out that whenever we lose the reaction on here is usually around our own perceived deficiencies rather than actually giving the opposition any credit.

Looks like standard forum stuff to me (except the racist bit, obviously)

Yeah I agree and as I say, usually you can just put the "WBA weren't that good, we were just shit" stuff down to sour grapes. 

It was the comments about us being worse that last year and " a more average than usual Albion side" that I found completely incredulous when this is the best side we've had for years.
"a more average Baggies side than normal" !!!!!!
Where's he been for the last 5 years?
(11-28-2019, 03:19 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Odd how Lee Johnson has been blamed for last nights loss. IMO he has done a great job at BC.

He's always been streaky and once you've been in the j9b a few seasons, fans start thinking the grass is greener.
(11-28-2019, 06:44 PM)Squid Wrote:

He's always been streaky and once you've been in the j9b a few seasons, fans start thinking the grass is greener.

I'm surprised how they haven't taken to him. Although, as a player they always disliked him. Reckoned he was only in the side because of his dad, Gary. There is no getting around the fact he has done a great job there.