Durham
Guido, The Spectator and the Twitter crowd recycling their increasingly desperate confirmation bias are all, in their different ways, trying to defend the indefensible. And, to be fair, probably doing a better job of it than he did himself.  

"(We) ended up on the outskirts of Barnard Castle..." as if they'd just emerged from an asteroid belt into some uncharted quadrant of the galaxy.

Bishop Auckland (which incorporates Barnard Castle) was one of those north-east seats taken by The Tories in 2019. There is an old saying about being careful what you wish for.
(05-26-2020, 02:45 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It gets better  Big Grin

His claim about predicting coronavirus a year ago is basically he updated an old blog from last year after the 9th April this year to include references to Coronavirus, China and labs - the original blog didn't mention them.

Seriously - this bloke is nuts  Big Grin Big Grin

He updated it again this morning. Not sure what with.

The guy is a prize bellend. Shabby was spot on. 'Fess up - do your time and act like a man.

He's a spineless, morally deficient human being who thinks the world revolves around him. Johnson is a total sociopath and he surrounds himself with other sociopaths and nodding dogs. For example I thought Sunek was doing a decent job but his approval of Cummings today on Twitter means he's lost any capital he'd built up with me...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...32471.html

If you were PM would a 20 percent cut in your approval rating really be worth losing just to keep on a spad who you could easily replace?

One wonders what Cummings has got on him and them all? It's important to remember, he is not a member of the Tory party - or at least he wasn't.
(05-26-2020, 02:57 PM)billybassett Wrote:

His claim about predicting coronavirus a year ago is basically he updated an old blog from last year after the 9th April this year to include references to Coronavirus, China and labs - the original blog didn't mention them.

The guy is a prize bellend. Shabby was spot on. 'Fess up - do your time and act like a man.

He's a spineless, morally deficient human being who thinks the world revolves around him. Johnson is a total sociopath and he surrounds himself with other sociopaths and nodding dogs. For example I thought Sunek was doing a decent job but his approval of Cummings today on Twitter means he's lost any capital he'd built up with me...
Sunek is there because Cummings wanted Javed out and made it impossible for him to carry on as Chancellor.  Sunek is Dom's vassal.
(05-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 08:31 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 08:30 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: Also can a Range Rover Discovery Sport get all the way to Durham some 270 miles on one tank of petrol

I had one of these, one of the reasons I got rid you had to drive like a vicar to get 300 miles out of a tank of diesel

I said higher up, one of the questions was how many times did you stop? I reckon someone has CCTV footage of him. That would nail him.

Get with the story he never stopped all the way there.
So he says. He also inferred he was living in London during isolation.

More to come on this, in my opinion

(05-26-2020, 03:40 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:57 PM)billybassett Wrote:

Sunek is there because Cummings wanted Javed out and made it impossible for him to carry on as Chancellor.  Sunek is Dom's vassal.

Sajid is well out of it.
(05-26-2020, 01:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So in other words pander to the press once you've done that your finished .

Arf come on Liq you really are trying to defend the indefensible and I’m not even sure you believe it yourself. Brexit is done let him go...
Drive where you want.
Visit who you want.
Stay as long as you want.

Use your children as an excuse if questioned.
(05-26-2020, 04:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 01:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So in other words pander to the press once you've done that your finished .

Arf come on Liq you really are trying to defend the indefensible and I’m not even sure you believe it yourself. Brexit is done let him go...

I give a toss honestly but I dont like bullying from the media ......the hatred from you lot has convinced me he is doing a fine job .....he batted the vultures aside last night .....all the MSM media had their faces full of hate and they couldn't get a rise out of him ......he is going nowhere so carry on with all the bile because there is only one winner and it's not you lot .

Remember I didnt see my dad for a out 10 weeks I havnt seen my son about the same .....have I moaned about him taking his son up north 
....no I havnt just get on with it ......and I've had work mates die of the shit virus and none of us have been able to go .    

Get on with it and stop being a bunch of titty babies.
(05-26-2020, 07:04 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 04:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I give a toss honestly but I dont like bullying from the media ......the hatred from you lot has convinced me he is doing a fine job .....he batted the vultures aside last night .....all the MSM media had their faces full of hate and they couldn't get a rise out of him ......he is going nowhere so carry on with all the bile because there is only one winner and it's not you lot .

Remember I didnt see my dad for a out 10 weeks I havnt seen my son about the same .....have I moaned about him taking his son up north 
....no I havnt just get on with it ......and I've had work mates die of the shit virus and none of us have been able to go .    

Get on with it and stop being a bunch of titty babies.

I think this is one of the strangest defences of his actions I’ve read