Stan and Ollie
I have recorded it and am looking forward to watching it over the weekend. Thanks for the tip-off!
Brilliant film......
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
Baggie_Nick Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:
Derek Hardballs Wrote:I think they visited West Brom on their tour and there is a photo of them possibly at a wedding. It may not be them but if not excellent lookalikes.

Ahh, they couldn't resist the lure of The Billiard Hall and Star and Garter.....

They were certainly in Dudley and Wolvo at some point.
I remember reading stories of them playing Dudley Hippodrome and stayed at The Station Hotel.

My Grandad saw them there.  I hope they didn't ask them to bring their own piano. I saw them make a right mess of delivering one once.
(02-20-2021, 12:04 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
Baggie_Nick Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:
Derek Hardballs Wrote:I think they visited West Brom on their tour and there is a photo of them possibly at a wedding. It may not be them but if not excellent lookalikes.

Ahh, they couldn't resist the lure of The Billiard Hall and Star and Garter.....

They were certainly in Dudley and Wolvo at some point.
I remember reading stories of them playing Dudley Hippodrome and stayed at The Station Hotel.

My Grandad saw them there.  I hope they didn't ask them to bring their own piano. I saw them make a right mess of delivering one once.

Almost as bad as Mr Shifter & son!

[Image: mr-shifter.jpg]
I've still yet to see it and will watch on iPlayer soon - for those who missed it, it's on there for the best part of a year.