Oliver Burke
(08-24-2020, 11:02 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I know Wilder is good but I'll eat my hat if he can turn Burke into a player.

Wilder may well be a magician, but personally I think he'd have more chance of raising Lazarus.   Big Grin
(08-24-2020, 11:15 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 11:02 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I know Wilder is good but I'll eat my hat if he can turn Burke into a player.

Wilder may well be a magician, but personally I think he'd have more chance of raising Lazarus.   Big Grin

Wilder has signed Ravel Morrison and Jack Roswell in the last 12 months. Clearly fancies himself as being able to turn around players others have given up on.

Not that those two above did anything.
(08-24-2020, 11:17 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 11:15 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Wilder has signed Ravel Morrison and Jack Roswell in the last 12 months. Clearly fancies himself as being able to turn around players others have given up on.

Not that those two above did anything.

Rodwell has just signed a new long term deal with them so he’s turned him around.

Morrison, not so much. Awful attitude.
I imagine rodwell is a cheap backup. I think he's played about 20 minutes of football for them
Rodwell made only 2 appearances for them since signing in January. He's clearly just there to bulk up the squad.
Rodwell was always a decent footballer, he just needs to get playing again.

Morrison, was a good prospect, even Ferguson rated him as a player but by all accounts he was/is a dickhead.

Burke just isn't a footballer. Just had a check on a Sheff U forum and one of their lot reckons he's seen Burke playing at fullback for us. I must've missed that game.
(08-24-2020, 12:06 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Rodwell was always a decent footballer, he just needs to get playing again.

Morrison, was a good prospect, even Ferguson rated him as a player but by all accounts he was/is a dickhead.

Burke just isn't a footballer.  Just had a check on a Sheff U forum and one of their lot reckons he's seen Burke playing at fullback for us. I must've missed that game.

To be fair, it was difficult to work out what position he was playing.
(08-24-2020, 12:06 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Rodwell was always a decent footballer, he just needs to get playing again.

Burke just isn't a footballer.  Just had a check on a Sheff U forum and one of their lot reckons he's seen Burke playing at fullback for us. I must've missed that game.

In fairness, if it was a game under Pulis you could be forgiven for thinking any attacking player was in a defensive role.