WBAUnofficial
So where are we then - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: So where are we then (/showthread.php?tid=7080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: So where are we then - ChamonixBaggie - 10-31-2019

Also when was the last time someone mentioned Thatcher? She was evil but she is in no way relevant to politics in 2019

RE: So where are we then - The liquidator - 10-31-2019

Why do you think the north in coal mining areas still go on about her of course its relevent they still despise her to this day and is always in conversations why they vote labour .....I know people from a old mining village called maltby in south Yorkshire so I know its bloody true because when politics is mentioned this always comes up mate

RE: So where are we then - tiptontown - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 10:19 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Also when was the last time someone mentioned Thatcher? She was evil but she is in no way relevant to politics in 2019

I doubt we would have been in this position under Thatcher. She wouldn't have bowed to the right wing back benchers like Cameron did for a referendum. 
Although she appeared to keep the EU at arms length, she also knew the benefits of being in the EU.

Not all of them if I remember right I was a young pup but i remember trying to do my homework and Thatcher got in was it 73 ?

RE: So where are we then - baggy1 - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 10:09 AM)The liquidator Wrote: That's a bit rich when labour always goes on about Thatcher you cant have it both ways mate .

And here's your mistake, I have probably only voted Labour once in my life before. It goes to show how bad the current crop of Tories are that I would consider the furthest left Labour incarnation since Kinnock and Foot.

RE: So where are we then - garryowensneck - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 10:25 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Not all of them if I remember right I was a young pup but i remember trying to do my homework and Thatcher got in was it 73 ?

(10-31-2019, 10:25 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Not all of them if I remember right I was a young pup but i remember trying to do my homework and Thatcher got in was it 73 ?

Thatcher got in in 79. Were you held back  Wink

I've only voted tory twice I think ...I'm.no tory but labour are a shambles I just cant vote for a party with that front bench they honestly need getting rid of and just maybe they will win votes back .

(10-31-2019, 10:36 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Thatcher got in in 79. Were you held back  Wink

I was trying to work out when I started  senior school  so yes it was 77 I was in the first year senior back in the old days  Big Grin

So based on that would you vote Tory now if it wasn't for Brexit, or is that the defining reason for voting for Boris? Not a trick question btw, I'm just gauging the long term life of this version of the Tories.

I would probably still vote tory on the basis best of a bad bunch I dont like wasting a vote and there is nobody else to vote for .