Newcastle’s new owners...
(10-11-2021, 04:38 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 03:10 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 02:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 01:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 12:40 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I disagree with this, Leicester and Dingles were seen as attractive. Why are we unable to be?

Both were a lot cheaper in a much worse position.

Leicester cost £39m and were in the Championship with a shiny new 32k seater stadium, and a one club city.

Wolves again, could market themselves as a one club city, a relatively new stadium, and were in the Championship and available for £45m.

Both clubs had no significant debt, only to previous owners who were happy to do a deal to facilitate an exit.

We on the other hand were in the PL, and would cost £180m, and would need significant ongoing investment to make even marginal gains. We have a landlocked stadium that doesn't have much scope for investment, and despite being on the doorstep of the Second City, are very much behind Villa and Blues in terms of the Birmingham connection.

Fosun looked at us... and then made the wise decision to buy Wolves at a quarter of the price.

Are we the only Club that's been in the Prem that no one has spent any money of note on?

All these other Clubs are covered in spunk.

I reckon the HS2 cash that the Fishy Lot got is more than any personal investment in Albion (other than acquisition of shares)

Norwich and Burnley

Champ and L1 littered with clubs that had decent investment too.

We’ve been fortunate and unfortunate to have had a period of sustained success relative to our club size for the last 20 years when cash has been flowing in and out! 

I know Megson is seen as a turning point, but had we not been promoted under him, or had Thompson stayed longer, who knows. We avoided financial messes when it was often quite favourable to do it!
(10-11-2021, 05:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 02:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 01:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Both were a lot cheaper in a much worse position.

Leicester cost £39m and were in the Championship with a shiny new 32k seater stadium, and a one club city.

Wolves again, could market themselves as a one club city, a relatively new stadium, and were in the Championship and available for £45m.

Both clubs had no significant debt, only to previous owners who were happy to do a deal to facilitate an exit.

We on the other hand were in the PL, and would cost £180m, and would need significant ongoing investment to make even marginal gains. We have a landlocked stadium that doesn't have much scope for investment, and despite being on the doorstep of the Second City, are very much behind Villa and Blues in terms of the Birmingham connection.

Fosun looked at us... and then made the wise decision to buy Wolves at a quarter of the price.

Are we the only Club that's been in the Prem that no one has spent any money of note on?

I reckon the HS2 cash that the Fishy Lot got is more than any personal investment in Albion (other than acquisition of shares)

Norwich and Burnley

We’ve been fortunate and unfortunate to have had a period of sustained success relative to our club size for the last 20 years when cash has been flowing in and out! 

I know Megson is seen as a turning point, but had we not been promoted under him, or had Thompson stayed longer, who knows. We avoided financial messes when it was often quite favourable to do it!

There's been good fortune with the timing in our good fortune and misfortune as well:

Promotion in 2002 meant we avoided the ITV Digital fallout

Promotion in 2008 meant we were in line for parachute payments

Relegation in 2018 meant we got a stupid amount of money to work with for parachute payments that two years earlier was half what we ended up getting in the first year (and a third when compounded with the fact we didn't go up immediately).

Made it much easier to navigate the pitfalls.
(10-11-2021, 06:11 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 05:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 02:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Leicester cost £39m and were in the Championship with a shiny new 32k seater stadium, and a one club city.

Norwich and Burnley

There's been good fortune with the timing in our good fortune and misfortune as well:

Promotion in 2002 meant we avoided the ITV Digital fallout

Promotion in 2008 meant we were in line for parachute payments

Relegation in 2018 meant we got a stupid amount of money to work with for parachute payments that two years earlier was half what we ended up getting in the first year (and a third when compounded with the fact we didn't go up immediately).

Made it much easier to navigate the pitfalls.

Oh we definitely got all our good luck for a while with the ITV digital collapse, and I’m not saying I’d have swapped the Megson promotion to see what happened - just saying we’d have been more likely to attract investment as a skint mid table Champ club than an overachieving Prem one.
Loffin!

https://news.paddypower.com/football/202...%E2%80%8B/
People are missing the point here. The issue is that the Saudi Regime, indirectly own Newcastle, and they are murderers and have no human rights to speak of. Gays can be executed, for example. If the Taliban started chucking money at Albion, would that compromise principles?

( yes I know there’s also something dodgy about Man City and Chelsea , but we know a journalist was lured to the Saudi embassy and chopped up).
Saudi Arabia is moving towards being a more liberal state.

Soon, it is anticipated, women will legally be able to buy Scalextric.
(10-14-2021, 06:54 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Saudi Arabia is moving towards being a more liberal state.

Soon, it is anticipated, women will legally be able to buy Scalextric.

Only if their husbands sign the pay slip first Wink
Oh and don’t get started on the ridiculous , fucking Geordie nation. Entitled bellends.