Financial mess
(04-09-2020, 08:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: The richest club's will be hemorrhaging money at a far faster rate then the smaller club's? To even think they will be fine and dandy shows a complete lack of reality. WBA need approx £1.5 million a week income to break even. Where let's say Man Ure need £15 million a week. It's a simple question to ask how long can we/ they continue to pay the bills with no money coming in and with no one being prepared to lend money, it's just a few weeks and certainly not months.

Considering most of those clubs are owned by the richest people in the world. I think they will be fine to absorb the losses. We on the other hand will struggle as we are operating on a self sufficient model.
(04-09-2020, 08:44 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: The richest club's will be hemorrhaging money at a far faster rate then the smaller club's? To even think they will be fine and dandy shows a complete lack of reality. WBA need approx £1.5 million a week income to break even. Where let's say Man Ure need £15 million a week. It's a simple question to ask how long can we/ they continue to pay the bills with no money coming in and with no one being prepared to lend money, it's just a few weeks and certainly not months.
Is true. Some of the most expsosed to the impending global financial collapse will be those that appear wealthiest.

Exactly imho these wealthy owners will be doing all they can to protect their wealth and will be less willing to throw it into the bottomless pit of a football club especially as there's no guarantee that after this the TV monies will be anywhere near what they were, challenging times ahead. Unfortunately I can see alot of league 1&2 teams going under I'm afraid.

Didn't say they would be.

What they probably will be is potentially last man standing. A complete lack of reality is thinking Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Accrington etc won't hit the wall before the cash reserves of billion dollar companies expire, notwithstanding that they may well pull the plug early on their leisure ventures. Like I say some of these smaller clubs may go amateur and survive.

The million dollar dross footballers will hopefully get hit hardest...
(04-09-2020, 08:23 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:48 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: That assumes the "wealthy benefactors" are still wealthy, remember Warren Buffet's comments on swimming trunks! You also assume that these "benefactors" are able to move their money around the globe easily. Thay may not be the case in more "closed economies" which is a worry for us. They all survive on football, I include Skytv in my definition of football. They of course rely on individuals to buy subscriptions

If the Chinese relax their currency exchange restrictions to enable Chinese investors to protect their overseas businesses then we may well be a beneficiary!

Where in reality my friend exactly the opposite has to happen.
(04-09-2020, 08:55 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Didn't say they would be.

What they probably will be is potentially last man standing. A complete lack of reality is thinking Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Accrington etc won't hit the wall before the cash reserves of billion dollar companies expire, notwithstanding that they may well pull the plug early on their leisure ventures. Like I say some of these smaller clubs may go amateur and survive.

The million dollar dross footballers will hopefully get hit hardest...

The views on this thread are a bit mixed, the four you quote above turnover less than £10 million per annum. Accrington will be under £5 million, they are far easier to bale out. As you point out some can go part-tme /amateur and play in the local park. I think that is what Greta have done!
(04-09-2020, 08:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Considering most of those clubs are owned by the richest people in the world. I think they will be fine to absorb the losses. We on the other hand will struggle as we are operating on a self sufficient model.
Most of them are rich because they know when to jump off as well as jump on. Think about it - football is built on tv money & advertising > this is built on what has been an emerging global market > this market will now be largely destitute > football is no longer the vehicle for washing money, spinning global brands and rinsing the oil well.

If you were going to rebuild or protect a global business, football would be the first item out of the hot air balloon.
(04-09-2020, 09:26 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Most of them are rich because they know when to jump off as well as jump on. Think about it - football is built on tv money & advertising > this is built on what has been an emerging global market > this market will now be largely destitute > football is no longer the vehicle for washing money, spinning global brands and rinsing the oil well.

If you were going to rebuild or protect a global business, football would be the first item out of the hot air balloon.

Haven't the premier league given 125m to the EFL?.

If clubs do go under then results will be expunged and that could  change the table markedly.
Sadly the £125 million will only keep the balliffs from the door for TWO WEEKS.

Change the table ? What table it's gone.