Self Employed
Fabio Fazio, a leading Italian TV journalist, wrote: “It has become evident that those who do not pay their taxes are not only guilty of a crime, but of murder: if the beds and the respirators are not there they are partly to blame.”
(03-28-2020, 11:41 AM)sickParrot Wrote: Fabio Fazio, a leading Italian TV journalist, wrote: “It has become evident that those who do not pay their taxes are not only guilty of a crime, but of murder: if the beds and the respirators are not there they are partly to blame.”

Please mark this for the likes of Amazon, Apple, Virgin etc Nigel the dodgy Carpenter is the least of our worries on this score. 

For years we have seen government suggest a small state, low tax is best but all it has done is led to misery even before this awful situation.
Really should hit the fuckers harder and have a world wide agreement unless they pay their way they are not free to trade in their country ......
(03-28-2020, 10:36 AM)The liquidator Wrote: They can go through mine with a fine tooth comb .......I had a tax bill for £10.000 the fucking idiots when I was disabled for 10 years and I sent them letter after letter with proof off the DWP......one thing you cant do is fuck about with tax man they can take the lot off you .

(03-28-2020, 10:27 AM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 09:54 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You mean putting false mileage and for ppe and for food and mobile on your weekly statements ......please dont have your eyes closed I know how it works been there and got the T shirt.

I dont really care who pays or not as long as I'm clear that's all that counts .....good luck to them I say who fucks the tax man .

I’m hoping for your sake that your admission of previous tax fiddling was more than 20 years ago as HMRC can go back that far to investigate tax fraud.

How could they prove what job I was on and where I was working that's why the lads use them

The problem is that if you’re suspected of fiddling your taxes and you’re investigated, it’s pretty much a case of you proving that you weren’t on the fiddle rather than HMRC proving that you were. A sort of ‘guilty until proven innocent’ situation.
(03-28-2020, 11:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 11:41 AM)sickParrot Wrote: Fabio Fazio, a leading Italian TV journalist, wrote: “It has become evident that those who do not pay their taxes are not only guilty of a crime, but of murder: if the beds and the respirators are not there they are partly to blame.”

Please mark this for the likes of Amazon, Apple, Virgin etc Nigel the dodgy Carpenter is the least of our worries on this score. 

For years we have seen government suggest a small state, low tax is best but all it has done is led to misery even before this awful situation.

The glorification of the dodgy dealer doesn't help. From the likes of Amazon and Apple, hailed as fantastic businesses, right down to the loveable rogues like Arthur Daley, Del Boy etc, Guy Ritchie's characters. We all laugh at these but never see the consequences of their behaviour. It's far more attractive to be crooked than the guy that pays his bills on time and contributes to society. No one likes paying tax but it comes in handy when you have a pandemic.
Do people really aspire to that Tom, over the last 10 years or so we have had a few instances of tax dodging from high profile people and it was seen as anti social, even though some of it was legal.
Bottom line nobody likes the taxman .